OT: The Day That Jack Kennedy Died

Page 3 of 3
Swingman responds:

I'll give it a try. That's Will Self's favorite music, or one of them. He's a musician when he's not a mathemetician, so I've been looking for some CDs to send him while he recuperates from getting whacked by a truck.
Doesn't pay to walk to work these days.
Charlie Self
"I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself. " Ronald Reagan
Using "karlc" and the wildriverband.com domain name, send me his (or yours, if you want it to come from you) snail mail address and I'll make sure a comp copy of the new CD goes out in tomorrow's mail.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

I sent my address: it will still come from you guys, though. I just can't locate the address at the moment.
Many thanks.
Charlie Self
"Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it." E. B. White
Charlie Self wrote:

I got tired of trying to carry enough CDs to keep things interesting, and almost all of the music stations of every flavor everywhere suck, so I started listening to NPR one day. Now I plan station changes the way some would plan rest stops. Go from 89.1 to 90.7 then 88.1 then 91.5 then 88.5, then a different 91.5, then back to 89.1 and home. I prefer the "NPR News" or "News and Classical" stations, and avoid the all-music stations as much as possible.
Guess I need to get a cardigan now, or a tweed jacket. :)
snipped-for-privacy@users.sourceforge.net says...

So what do you do for balance?

... and a pipe. Oops, forgot, NPR is PC, so smoking is out -- unless of course you are smoking something else (purely for medical purposes of course). :-)

Here on the other side of the world, I remember watching through a store window from the street with Mum and Dad. A huge crowd had gathered and were just standing there in the street, people abandoned their cars and walked over to see what was happening, it was, indeed, surreal.
Greg

Tom Watson wrote:

Thanks Tom, that was great.
I was in 11th grade, in a 3 hr. long Industrial Drafting class, IIRC I was working on plans for some papermill vats/mixers. At that age I was finally paying attention to some of the political goings on in the world and really liked JFK. I know it hit all of us hard and Thanksgiving wasn't quite the same that year. If there was one thing I could ask him today it would have to be "Why in the HELL did you pick LBJ for your VP?" There was one waste of skin!
Scott
up later, the damage remains.
Tom Watson wrote in rec.woodworking

Simply put, beautiful.