hydraulic jack oil replacement

10W30

Rule 1: Try 10W30, If 10W30 does not work apply rule 2 Rule 2: Try WD40. Rule 3: Give rule 1 another try

Reply to
Brian

Power steering fluid, although light hydraulic fluid is cheaper. I used light hydraulic fluid in my power steering that leaked like a sieve for a while to get me thru the winter until I could replace the leaky discharge hose.

If you have PS fluid already, if should work just fine (but it's gonna leak out too)

-Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

He could use the fix-a-flat...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

I don't have any hydraulic jack oil and my cheapo jack leaks like a sieve. What do you suggest is best replacement for the oil?

auto transmission fluid? brake fluid? power steering fluid? motor oil?

Reply to
Me

Anyone notice the large increase of trolling going on in here lately?

Reply to
Noozer

Get the used cooking oil from McDonalds.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Honestly, a leaking jack wouldn't hold anything up

Reply to
PipeDown

"Best" would be to go buy some (it's inexpensive) and you could have gone and been back several times over by the time you asked... :)

As someone else noted, don't trust a jack that's leaking w/ even close to a pinkie-smash...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

You're welcome, Peabody.

Best regards, Bob