OT: Sometimes stuff hits me funny. Chapter?

TECUMSEH, ONT. =97 That=92s more than two scoops of raisins.

Provincial police say Manning Road at County Road 22 in Tecumseh was closed for most of the day due to a raisin spill.

Officers say a truck turning onto Manning Road overturned early this morning and dumped 32,000 kilograms of raisins.

Police say the road and the ditch were covered in raisins.

But the mess was cleaned up by late afternoon and the truck removed.

Tecumseh is just east of Windsor in southwestern Ontario.

Reply to
Robatoy

That's funny! I wonder what they did with the spilled raisins?

Reply to
Steve Turner

Reply to
Robatoy

They sent them to local prisons so they could make pruno.

Hey, it sure beats banana brandy.

-- Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power. -- Seneca

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Confused the rabbits?

Reply to
Bill

Going to that really cheap wine distillery.

Reply to
Leon

When I lived in Texas a truck with a huge tank full of live catfish turned over on the interstate nearby. You should have seen those ol' boys. They were picking up those catfish and throwing them in the back of their pickups or in the trunk of their cars. Better than watching mud wrestling.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

The adult version of picking the fly shit out of the pepper.

Reply to
Robatoy

There is a large catfish processing plant some 35 miles south of here they store ground fish guts, bones, skins and heads in tanker trucks. When the trucks are full they are delivered to feed mills in Tuscaloosa, where it is processed into fish feed and fertilizer.

I arrived on the scene of an overturned gut truck on hwy 69 not long after the wreck, I was already too far along to back out before I realized what I was driving in. The smell was incomprehensible, the kind of smell that gets lodged in your clothes, that you can taste, feel and see, the car was tainted for weeks, I would have happily pissed of a colony of polecats to have been able to avoid it.

When the stench hit me I instantly began retching and tromped the gas to the floor, I ran the first red light going at least 90mph and it is anyone guess how fast I was going through the rest until I was free of the odiferous hell on Earth.All the while my wife is screaming that I'm going to kill us, and all I can think is that it would be over.

So happens I am on my way to my brothers wedding, upon arriving at the churh a guy ask me if I have a dead body in the trunk, upon entering the churh and taking my place as best man, my brother looks around at me and said "Damn man, you could have bathed." Sigh, another irreplacible memory.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Em boys were probably noodle-rs. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Yep ... all those transplant from the east and west coasts had probably never seen a real live catfish before. :)

Reply to
Swingman

I dunno, blue catfish record in Maryland is over 60 lbs IIRC.

Reply to
Larry W

That's what they call a minnow in this part of the world. :)

Catfish over a hundred pounds are not unheard of, and I saw 300 pound catfish on a daily basis in Lake Maracaibo, Venezuela (we stunned/killed them with explosives during seismic exploration in the lake ... the government had a boat that followed us and picked them up, ostensibly to "feed the orphans".

Reply to
Swingman

Where my wife comes from (Nova Scotia) they call that bait.

Reply to
Robatoy

Gathered them with "Raisin nets", maybe?

Seriously, probably went to animal feed.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

As long as they didn't feed them to dogs...renal failure due to grapes/ raisin intake is a real and serious problem.... in dogs.

Reply to
Robatoy