OT: Say hi to Sally for me.

Mr. Wilson Pickett. Dead at age 64. He was proof positive that you don't need a 'special' voice to sing.
I think I'll watch The Commitments again tonight.

Amen...
really surprised me when I heard about his death.. relatively young man, too.. (at least looking at it from my 59 year old prospective)
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
"Robatoy" wrote in message

need a

Hated to hear that myself ... paid him tribute on a daily basis in that other war - white phosphorous rounds were always called "Wilson Picketts" when I called in the fire mission.

Good man ... one of the initiated, eh?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

hmm... all I remember is calling for "Willy Peter".. nasty stuff to get on you...
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
"mac davis" wrote in message

don't
With American troops, yes ... but ARVN's had a particularly tough time saying that, so I retrained mine. ;)

Yep, we were always told that it burns all the way to the bone, and further. I used it mostly fused to fire as an air burst, on grid points, so I could get my bearings ... and whenever I was lucky enough be able to see that far.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

yeah.. they told us that we were supposed to dig it out and then wrap air tight and hope it stopped burning... I'm glad that I never had that experience!
ARVN's.. I remember them... Chicken Little was right..