Cont: RCD he say 'click' ..

So,

I took the motor out of the AEG washing machine and left it on the kitchen worktop overnight in the warm / dry. This morning I took it to my mates garage re-measured the stator to ground resistance with my DMM and got 45K ohms.

I put my mates high pressure air line over it and blew out quite a bit of black dust (belt rubber + brush carbon).

I re measured and found infinity (on the 20M range) ?

Now, it's a fairly easy job to put back / test and I might do that in a min. I might also ring my electrician friend and ask him to stick his Megga on it first .. ?

So, if Mr RCD still say 'click' it's time for a new Bosch ..( can't afford AEG at the moment), or maybe Zanussi and possibly Bendix (was it .. they are all made in the same factory anyhow .. )?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

And I did .. and so far it's done a quick wash then a hight temp wash (after I'd cleared some of the gunge out from round the door seal) and so far it's ok .. ;-)

If it holds up for a week or two I might treat it to a new pair of brushes and a belt .. ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m