OT: Router bit deals

Page 1 of 2

Whilst perusing some of my normal haunts, I found this: http://preview.tinyurl.com/2e4ubn6
In case that doesn't work, it is a vendor that sells on Amazon that has a lot of different styles (actually useful profiles!) of Milwaukee router bits for just $4.99 a piece.
So there is no whining about where they are made, I am sure they are Taiwanese. But for 5 beans, use the hell out of them, touch them up a couple of times and toss them.
The nice thing about Milwaukee is that they still back their products.
Excellent prices on some of the profiles.
Robert

Thanks for the link. It would be kinda nice though if they'd show you the actual useful dimension of the profiles (the radius of a round-over, for example) instead of the just the overall dimensions of the bit...
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

I like how there's a Forstner bit in there. Anybody want to chuck that into a router and see how fast you can drill holes? I'd do it but I don't want to di...errr...I'm busy with other things.

I like how there's a Forstner bit in there. Anybody want to chuck that into a router and see how fast you can drill holes? I'd do it but I don't want to di...errr...I'm busy with other things.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Straight back to China!

Thanks for that, Robert. I have zero in terms of router bits, other than these odd-ball V-cutters and ballnoses for my cnc. For my hand- held Ridgid router, one that I am very pleased with, I have one straight bit, so this is very helpful. I won't be buying 'collections' again, as most in those kits are never used (by me).

The biggest surprise to me is that they actually had something besides a straight bit on sale. With a bit of looking, I am sure I could find out what dimensions those dovetails were so I could get the ones I needed for my fixtures.
It seems that every time someone has a bit sale they only have straight bits.
I am going to have to bite on the slot cutter and mandrel. At $5 each.... I can't buy a Chiawanese set anywhere for that.
As far as a full bit set goes... no kidding! I use a couple of the roundovers, the ogees, and that's about it. No more of those for me either. I have a ten year old set that I got on auction and haven't used but 7 or eight of the 25 bits.
Robert

A friend of mine's dad died recently, and they sold all his "stuff". He would buy out storage sheds. He had two twenty foot containers full, plus a yard full of extra stuff. I spent $400 and got some smoking deals.
I got a 1.5 HP Craftsman router on a big Craftsman table, and two sets of 32 bits each, never used, in nice box with glass front for $60 for all. I had about two dozen router bits I already wasn't using, so it looks like I'll be building some birdhouses and honeydoos as soon as the weather here cools off, and I can work in my containers without passing out.
I'm looking forward to playing around with them, and I'll always think of Curtis when I'm using them. He was a nice old guy. Always smiling.
Steve
visit my blog at http://cabgbypasssurgery.com get a free book while it lasts!

Thanks Robert but HOW DARE YOU post OT.... LOL you could'a added a little politics.
I went straight there and made a list of 6 items to buy but when I checked my inventory discovered that I still had a few unopened bits...... well I saved $30. ;~)

Heck, Leon... you get tired, you get sloppy.
Snip
And from both sides of the aisle: Please don't tell the President there is a number higher than a trillion...
And the reminds me of the joke I heard a few years back at the expense of Bush.
The general walks into the briefing room to inform Bush that 2 Brazilian troops had been killed in Iraq.
Bush responds with the comment and question, that is terrible and just how many is 2 Brazillion?

LMAO!
(In my best Ed McMahon voice) Hiyo!
Robert

That wasn't a joke. That really happened. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (that's how you start shit.... make something up and sell it as fact.)

I don't think so...after all..................

Believe it or not, those are the things I hear (seemingly) constantly.
These days there seems to be no end of absolute experts that understand facts and "the real truth" like no other time I can remember. So many experts... they are all so sure they are right.
Anyway, I belong to a cigar club here in town. Yup, we get together and smoke cigars. Actually, it is a social club of guys that just want to get together off and on and have some good conversation and relax.
One meeting a month, and the rest of the time we all just run into each other in the smoking room at the humidor/store. It is made up of mostly middle aged and older guys from every walk of life.
We have a large carved sign that says "The Happy Place" place in view of all. It is now the registered, recorded name of our club.
NO political discussions are allowed. NO religious discussions are allowed. NO complaining/whining about marriages or girlfriends.
It is an amazingly fun place and good group to be around when you take all that crap out of the equation.
Robert
Robert wrote:
<snip> NO political discussions are allowed. NO religious discussions are allowed. NO complaining/whining about marriages or girlfriends. ------------------------------ Looks like there is no exclusion of college football discussion.
In Texas, that could be a serious error<G>.
Lew

Hummm, I don't know any one that talks college foot ball.... High schoold foot ball is a different matter.

You've never been to Alabama, obviously. ...or Ohio or Michigan, for that matter. ;-)

talking about Texas, where I live.

I thought that's where he was. No one talks about college football in Texas? I found that strange, but if you need a fix, AL, IL, and OH will cure that fast! Living in a college town (again) my wife *hates* football season. The two cities here total maybe 80K, plus 25K students, and a, 87K football stadium. The school year is crowded enough but football weekends are nuts.

I was a little guy when I younger so I played golf and baseball in school. I never ever had any interest in any of the other sports. If I am not playing I don't wanna be watching. I will have to say and mostly because I mentioned this earlier, I heard that Rice is playing some one soon, on talk radio today. ;~()

I was never much into organized sports. OTOH, a pickup game of baseball was always fun. I now work for a company that makes sports electronics (the headsets coaches use on the sidelines is our main product - ~100% market share) and I live next to a big SEC college. There is a *lot* of money in this; 87,000 seat stadium X $50/ticket, minus $0 for players' salaries, you do the arithmetic. Always make sure your target customer has money. ;-)