OT Okay - Just post WW once in a while

That is okay Fred. You seem to be a regular here so if you OT I don't mind (maybe some others do). Have at it. What DOES GET ME UPSET is when you see guys with hundreds of OT posts (usually Bush Haters) who never post anything woodworking related. They just rant and rave and post their politcal BS and chastise everyone who joins in who doesn't agree with them, but never a WW post! (p_j) I enjoy a good OT post argument/discussion as much as the next guy but WW is why I'm here.

Joseph Smith sermonizes:

WTF don't you just filter them and not try to dictate to others? It may strike you as odd, but absolutely no one needs your permission to post here.
Charlie Self "If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin." Charles Darwin
Acknowledged. I was just being supportive.

strike
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) trolled in message

Please tell me how, and while you are at it, explain to me just who died and left you incharge of dictating what I should do.
If you didn't learn basic courtesy from your parents, then surely we won't be able to reach it to you either.
--

FF

Fredfighter responds, sort of:

Marvelous. It wasn't your post I was responding to, but something of a defense of you. If you don't know how to filter by now, then there's little hope.
Why" by the way is a question, and is the first word in WTF.
In the meantime, KMA.
Charlie Self "If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin." Charles Darwin
Charlie Self wrote:

I have to admire an eloquent man.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.barf
Charlie Self wrote:

My my. Did we get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? :-)     mahalo,     jo4hn

See above. Also consider that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
However, if THEY didn't learn basic courtesy from your parents, then surely we won't be able to reach it to them either.

I knew that. I was answering a question with a question.
--

FF

Fred the Red Shirt wrote:

What makes you so sure they don't?

It helps if the majority of the newsgroup is on-topic. Then the filters get rid of the crap.

That's the price you pay for reinventing the wheel. I do newsgroups the old fashioned way, and see very little crap as a result of my filters.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.barf
Fredfighter notes:

Sounds reasonable to me. But it isn't the people who don't want to read you who are the problem. It's the ones that make you gag when you read them...as in some of the forgers and others we've had on occasion lately.
Charlie Self "Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure." Ambrose Bierce
(Fred the Red Shirt) wrote:

Ya know, with all the trouble we've had the last few months with the trolls, "how to filter" is one question that *nobody* who reads this group should have to ask any more.
DAGS. RTFM. Or check my sig.
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in message

'Twas a rhetorical question.
--

FF

I don't mind your objection to my posting. I was going fishing I suppose. But with 145 responses (most of them entertaining, fun and inetelligent) people spoke for themselves. There was a spirited conversation taking place that could be ignored by just skipping one, clearly titled post. I wouldn't want to change the nature of this site (by the way, I do visit this site everyday as a WW. I'm not very experience, so I don't post very much).