OT - Need Source for Long Elevator Bolts

Page 2 of 2
DerbyDad03 wrote:

I know... I was just yankin' your virtual chain. Truth is I never heard of elevator bolts until this thread. But upon seeing the link, I realize I have seen them before.

Consider my chain virtually yanked. <g>
"DerbyDad03" wrote:

Have access to an engine lathe?
If so, turn an elevator bolt into an elevator nut, then add a standard bolt to complete.
Lew

WOW.. I never Knew what they were called!
I had an old (1958) tent trailer with a plywood bottom that bolted to the frame with those... When I redid the ply, I couldn't find "flat topped carriage bolts" anywhere and had to grind a dozen or so flat...
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
In article <6b1951bf-b4c5-4355-8b76-cedcd19fea96

Can you counterbore for the nut on the *other* end?
Henry Bibb

re: Can you counterbore for the nut on the *other* end?
No. Bolt needs to go through some steel plates with enough exposed thread for a washer and nut.