OT: Medical ID card

Given all the Darwinian shop accidents posted lately, I thought the following website may come in handy:
http://www.medids.com/index.html
It allows you to create and print a free medical ID card for your wallet, fridge, next-of-kin, etc. You can list emergency contacts, medications, allergies, medical conditions, and directives.
Actually something I've been meaning to do for quite awhile. Now there's no excuse to put it off - takes just a couple of minutes, print it out, done. I picked up a cheap laminator awhile back, so that'll be the final step.
Oh yeah, you can also buy their fashion-challenged jewelry, too.
No affiliation, etc.
Buddy

That fashion-challenged jewelry is the real life-saver. Your ambulance crew doesn't dig into your pockets, so if you're far enough out that you don't remember the card, that funny necklace with the word "Diabetic" on it is what counts. I like the necklace as the most obvious, followed by the bracelet. Not the ankle jewelry. It's as hidden as the card when I'm trying to get an airway established, but I'll see the bracelet when starting an IV.
Get that list of meds posted on the refrigerator, with a backup in the wallet to show the doctor you're seeing for the current condition. Polypharmacy can be a killer too.

While I agree that this is a good idea in principle, I am leery of giving my personal information to a web site, even if they say that they won't retain or use the data. Once you type this personal information into that web form, it goes to their web server and they can do anything that they want with it. I would feel safer with a template in a common format that I could download and fill in on my own computer.
Maybe I am being overly critical but I come to this with a degree of professional paranoia. Working in IT and having twice been t he victim of identity theft problems, I am very reluctant to give more information than is necessary.

Same here. I'd feel better keeping my personal info on my own computer. I wonder whether someting like this is in Nolo/Quicken's Willmaker ...
--
Best regards
Han

http://www.medids.com/BlankIDcard.html