OT: M51/M65 Fishtail Parka.

Page 2 of 2
RE: Subject
Check Lands End on line catalog.
Search for "Gore Tex".
I have had the "Squall Jacket" for years.
I handled -5F Ohio weather a couple of years ago with no problems.
For me, that is a MAJOR consession.
Want a hood?
Look at the Parka version.
"Gore Tex" is the key to light weight and great thermal rating.
Lew
notbob wrote:

I have one of those (or its forerunner - mine is almost 30 years old and somewhat frayed at the edges). With a pair of down overalls, good boots and gloves it kept me comfortable in wind chills below -100F.
I removed the drawstring from the hood and replaced it with a length of 1/8" aluminum "wire" so I could shape the fur tunnel to suit the need of the moment. If I'd been a bit more savvy, I'd have stitched a strip of leather around the cuffs to prevent the fraying there.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Just go to Marks Work Wearhouse (1380 London Road in Sarnia). They have great Parkas worn by the best Yukon Mushers. You could also try Kanuk, a Quebec outfit with really nice ones (http://www.kanuk.com /).
Trust me, I'm from the Yukon & go through a parka every 3-4 years. (Actually, they just look ratty, I have an old one in every vehicle and one for the shop)
Luigi