This doesn't happen very often

I had a shower pump installed when we had the bathroom re-done about 10 years ago -- it was a Triton pump that I'd bought for another house 10 or 15 years before that (from Homebase, I think), but which I never installed. (I decided that running the pipework was beyond my diy skill level, so abandoned the idea -- the pump then sat on a shelf in the garage until we moved house.)

The pump packed up last weekend, and I had the plumber who had installed it for us replace it with a new pump (Stuart Turner) that I bought from Screwfix.

When he went to install it, we discovered that the positioning and spacing of the H&C inflow and outflow connections were *exactly* the same. Didn't even need to replace the push-fit flexible tails.

That has never happened for me before; I don't expect it ever will again...

Reply to
HVS

When our electric shower gave up the ghost, I replaced it with the 'same' model from the same manufacturer. My aim was to ensure a 'drop in' replacement where the wiring and pipework didn't need any rework. Everything worked out just as expected.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

I've had the opposite with replacing a ch pump. Although the pump was the same size between fixings the isolating valves either side had seized and they also had to be replaced. Not all isolating valves have the same length :(

Reply to
alan_m

On 24 Nov 2023, Sam Plusnet wrote

Yes; that's what I'd originally hoped to do with the pump. When I discovered that the model I was replacing (Triton T550i) had been discontinued, I'd resigned myself to some pipework/other changes.

So I was amazed that the pump I went for -- different company, entirely different appearance -- was a straightforward, drop-in replacement job. A definite result...

Reply to
HVS

Maybe one was simply a badge engineered clone of the other one. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

On 30 Nov 2023, Brian Gaff wrote

Very possible, but I thought both of those businesses -- Triton showers and Stuart Turner pumps -- were large enough not to be in the business of making badged clones (although you never can tell...)

Reply to
HVS