OT: M51/M65 Fishtail Parka.

Page 1 of 2
I happen to know that this is a resourceful bunch, so I appeal to the collective for a lead or two so I can find a GOOD quality parka. I have DAG'd the bejeezus out of this and I have found the obvious Army Navy Surplus outfits, and I wouldn't mind a used one, but SOMEBODY has to be making a similar coat, angled breast pockets, fishtails, snorkel hood (leather?). Any outfits out there that could be a bit more obscure, but have served you well?
(My last M1951 died of roadrash many years ago. I miss that coat.)
TIA
Robatoy wrote:

Take a deep breath and DAGS: expedition parka
("This is only going to hurt a little bit.")
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Robatoy wrote:

Have you tried Cabela's? I've had good luck with their products. Not exactly an M51/65 but look at:
https://www.cabelas.ca/index.cfm?pageIDy&section=&ID 36
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Robatoy wrote:

Take a deep breath and DAGS: expedition parka
("This is only going to hurt a little bit.")
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
On 12/24/2009 10:58 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Try these guys. I dunno that they will have exactly what you want, but they have a lot of odds and ends from E. Europe, Russia, China etc. It's amazing what they come up with from time to time:
http://www.sportsmansguide.com /
On 12/24/2009 10:58 AM, Robatoy wrote:

See also:
http://www.fishtailparkas.com /
Robatoy wrote:

Might have what you're looking for ...
https://www.duluthtrading.com /
Leon turned me on to these guys and I've been ordering from them lately for work shirts ... very happy with the merchandise, and the service.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

How do you get roadrash from a table saw??? ww
rOn Thu, 24 Dec 2009 13:50:14 -0700, the infamous "WW"

http://fwd4.me/9PU Hmm, I could have sworn his picture (of the tablesaur on the back of the motorcycle) was here.
-- REMEMBER: The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up!

Army
has
snorkel
served
Ha!! The picture of the truck with the tires stacked up on it reminds me of the Mexicans heading back to Tijuana with a load of used tires. We see them all the time here in San Diego.
On 03 Jan 2010 08:07:37 GMT, the infamous Steve

I'd see them coming back across the border loaded up with tire sandals, the result of their trip north.
I lived in Vista, so when I got my first car ('57 Chebby BelAir), Dad said "It's time for a trip to TJ!" I paid $25 to get the front and rear seats upholstered in sleek black naugahyde stitched with nylon thread and stuffed with real fiber, not sweepings. We stayed to watch so they couldn't cheat. Those were old growth naugas in '69, too! ;)
-- Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness. --Thomas Paine

Chim chiminey, chim chiminey, chim-chim-cheree; Those are three words that don't make sense to me. But I'm used to words that don't make sense to me, From all those commercials I see on TV. When I see an ad that can't be understood I know that the product has got to be good; Those words may be crazy, but I think they're great, Like sodium acetylsalicylate. (Sodium acetylsalicylate!) I wake up each morning a most happy man, I cover my Pic-O-Pay with Fluoristan; I add Hexachlorophene, 'cause it's so pure, And then GL-70, just to make sure. Then I take a shower, but never alone; I'm in there with Dermasil and Silicone. I brush Vitrol-D on my Lanolin wave, And I sharpen my Boo-boop, and use it to shave! (He sharpens his Boo-boop, and that's how he shaves!) There's Tufsyn, and Retsyn, and Acrylan too, And Marfac and Melmac and what else is new? There's Orlon and Korlan, and there's Accutron, And Teflon, and Ban-Lon, and so on and on. These wonderful words spin around in my brain; Each one is a mystery I cannot explain. Like what does that Blue Magic whitener do -- Does it make blue things white, or make white things blue? (His blue things are white, and his white things are blue!) My Fastback has Wide-Track and Autronic Eye, Which winks when a cute little Volvo goes by; My tank full of Platformate starts with a roar, But when I try to stop, it goes two miles more. I measure my breathing with my Nasograph, It's nice, but oh my, how it hurts when I laugh. My chair is upholstered in real Naugahyde; When they killed that nauga, I sat down and cried. (He moved to Chicaga when that nauga died!) I'm giving a party next Saturday night And here are the friends that I'm going to invite: The giant who lives in my washing machine, That other nice giant, who's jolly and green. The tiger who causes my gas tank to flood, That handsome white knight who is stronger than crud; The man with the eyepatch, who sells me my shirts And that nut who flies into the front seat for Hertz! (That daring young nut who goes flying for Hertz!) I've lived all my life in this weird wonderland; I keep buying things that I don't understand, 'Cause they promise me miracles, magic, and hope, But, somehow, it always turns out to be soap. And they might as well be Chim-Chiminey Cheree! (Those words all could be Chim-Chiminey Cheree!)
On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 09:31:15 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy

I know I shouldn't but I just gotta ask: WTF,O?
-- Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness. --Thomas Paine

You missed this part? ===== My chair is upholstered in real Naugahyde; When they killed that nauga, I sat down and cried. (He moved to Chicaga when that nauga died!) I'm giving a party next Saturday night
On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 20:10:13 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy

Yeah, I missed it. Bored by line 3. What, we're supposed to read every word of a bad Seuss clone story?
-- Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness. --Thomas Paine

Suess wrote Sound Of Music? I Loooooove that movie *clears throat* " THE HILLS ARE ALIVE!!*SPUTTER*HACH*COUGH*BELCH*
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 06:11:46 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy

Same/same, no matter who wrote it. So solly. I don't _DO_ musicals.
-- Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness. --Thomas Paine
Max

Both my Korean surplus M51 parka and my orig issue USAF wool lined N3-B parka succumbed to an unfortunate storage battery acid accident. Needless to say, I was seriously bummed.
I currently own an Eddie Bauer gortex/down parka with hood (no fur trim). It's not as comfortable or cool looking as my old N3-B or as long as my M51, but it's warmer than either of them. I've stood in 10F cold with a steady 5-10mph wind and it didn't even phase me, this despite it being a size too small (it still zipped) so down was not getting full loft. In fact, it's almost too warm for any but near-to-sub freezing temps. Great parka. Mine is an older model, but that David Scott Parka looks pretty nice.
http://tinyurl.com/y8v6xcg
If you jes hafta have an old M51, try here: http://www.fishtailparkas.com
I'm no longer so enamored.
nb