OT: Just got a juicer

Ok. I finally bought a juicer today and bags of fruit at the store. Wow!!! The kids are going to start calling me Crazy Juice Guy. So far I've tried apple/orange/pear blends. Incredible flavors. And it's good for you! I wonder if it's any good with rum. Hmmmm

What is your favorite juicer recipe?

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Is it a neander-juicer or a normal-juicer? Either way, congratulations!

I've heard that a shot of elm juice is good for headaches and ordinary aches and pains (as from running a neander-juicer). :)

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Whatever's handy plus rum :-)

seriously though, those are fun *and* healthy. Don't stop with fruit though, throw some veggies in there!

Reply to
Joe

Beets, carrots, cucumber, apple, and blueberry in some happy proportion. Add vodka as required. Stir. Serve over ice.

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

Electric. Norm would have approved! :^]

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

So, you're with MLB?

Reply to
DGDevin

It's a Breville. It separates the pulp and shoots it out the back. Centrifugal I think.

I think I'm going start needing to take an imodium before drinking so much juice next time. Sorry if TMI. :^]

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Major League Baseball?

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Ahh. I get it. Different kind of juice. ;^)

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

I definitely have some experimenting to do here. I've also heard that a smidge of ginger is good also.

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

JEEZUZ Tim. Stir? STIR?

SHAKE, fer chrissakes.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Yep, basket of tomatoes, one bell pepper and a bit of ginger, careful with the ginger though.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

On 4/2/2010 2:38 PM GarageWoodworks spake thus:

What kind: Champion?* I used to lust after getting one of those back when I was an organic vegetarian macrobiotic hippie.

  • Those are the good kind of juice "extractors" that expel the pulp along with the juice so you can keep on juicing without stopping to clean out the pulp. I had a little Oster juicer that was OK, but the pulp stayed inside the basket and had to be cleaned out frequently.
Reply to
David Nebenzahl

On 4/2/2010 2:37 PM Tim Daneliuk spake thus:

Hmmm; not bad for a right-winger. Have to try that sometime.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

On 4/2/2010 3:20 PM Zz Yzx spake thus:

Yes, absholutely. How the hell anyone can even think about making a martini without shaking is beyond me. What is that "stirred", some kind of effete British thing?

Oh, we weren't talking about martinis?

I see it's past 5:00 ...

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

----------------------------------------- Courtesy of one of my customers who advertised it as "Best Bloody Mary on the West Side", a reference to the West side of Cleveland.

You never wanted to call on this side until late in the day, but it sure was a good way to get your veggies.

------------------------------- Andy's Bloody Mary:

1, 750 ml, 100 proof vodka 1, Large can, Campbell's V8 juice 1 ,8 Oz Cup, Lea & Perrins Worchestshire Sauce 2 Tbl, Celery salt.

Gently stir above, serve over ice with stalk of celery to stir.

Lime slice optional.

Cuts to the chase, no mess to clean up.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

...celery and cucumber half-n-half...then add a carrot!

cg

Reply to
Chasgroh

Pretty basic. Mostly orange juice. maybe some berries. Add a little ginger ale.

Use it as a chaser for straight shots of cognac.

I know, I know, totally blasphemy.

But it sure is good.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Shall we start calling you Garage Woodworks LaLane? ;~)

Concerning recipies,, have you considered or tried the same blends that you find at the conveinience store refrigerated section?

Strawberry kiwi?

Reply to
Leon

Sure, why not.

Mmmm.. That sounds good. I already had my apple/orange combo w/ breakfast. :^)

Reply to
GarageWoodworks