Re: Finally Got Something at a Flea Market

Okay - you suck . . . but just a little "bit"

Jums

I've never had much luck with flea markets but today hit something. New in > the bubble pack -- 45 chamfering router bit (Carbide - Vermont American > #22745) and Flush Trim Router bit (Carbide -- Vermont American #22555). We > agreed on $8 for the chamfering bit and $3 for the flush trim. I handed him > a $20 and he gave me back $12. I reminded him that I was taking the flush > trim too and he said, "that's all right." Took my $12 change and picked up > 4 new 18" bar clamps (off name but perfectly serviceable). > > Not near the "$15 for a 4" jointer" quality for certain, but a pleasant > surprise at least. > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > There is a fine line between a hobby and mental illness. > I suspect I have crossed that line. > > >
Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

I don't know how that pun got by my buddy in Florida but he missed it. Must be his allergies getting to him. He's usually good for several right off the cuff. One his better ones was sitting in the student center (30 some years ago) telling me about making something out of ash just as a young coed in skin tight shorts bent over next to us to get cigarettes out of the machine. "Speaking of ash . . ."

Reply to
Scratch Ankle Wood