OT: It's Nearly Over

Page 1 of 2
It took every news carrier in the country one week to tell us Michael was dead and what a great guy he was.
The buried him yesterday.
They will spend the next week telling us about the funeral.
Then, what?
RonB

Then the witch hunts begin. Who was responsible for him killing himself? Was he really the ultimate cause for liberalism today? Did Obama get elected because MJ broke down racial barriers?
Thw MSM is good for a while

Coverage of his resurrection, of course.

Sightings, Flying MJs, etc......
nb

Oh....I forgot about that.
Actually, it would be interesting to see a comparison of cable news coverage to Jackson's death to the first week after 9/11. Clearly 9/11 got more coverage but I bet the margin would be closer than we would like to imagine.
The sad part is we also lost a decorated fighter pilot/long-time TV Icon (Ed McMahon), a study in cancer-fighting courage (Farrah), and a long-term, award winning actor (Malden); all of which were largely ignored. What would happen if someone really important passed?
RonB wrote:

Geez, Karl Malden died too? Crap.
J. Clarke wrote:

Has anyone told Snoopy?
On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 07:20:14 -0700, RonB wrote:

I wonder which would have gotten more coverage if they'd happened at the same time?
I emailed NBC asking them to let me know when they were finished with MJ so I could resume watching the news. No response yet :-).

notbob wrote:

maybe it will cause a clone to be made.
RonB wrote:

Well, was he buried in a wooden coffin? If so, can someone post the construction details?
J. Clarke wrote:

alternative theories:
* Michael Jackson hasnt been this stiff since Macully Culkin spent the night at Neverland Ranch. * Because Jackson s body was 95% plastic, he will be melted down and turned into legos, this way kids can play with him for a change. * Reports that Michael Jackson has died of a heart attack in his home are untrue He actually died having a stroke in the childrens ward. * In the spirit of recycling, Michael Jackson will be melted down into plastic party cups so kids can still get their lips around his rim. * In accordance with Michael Jacksons will, little boys pants shall be flown at half-mast today. * Doctors are looking into claims that MJs death could have been caused by an allergic reaction from eating 12 year old nuts. * I heard Michael Jackson died of food poisoning from eating a 5 year old wiener. * Micheal Jackson will always be with us he is not biodegradable. * Farrah Fawcett arrived at the Pearly Gates and God asked her what he could do for her having led such an honest life. Farrah asked God to simply make sure the children of the world were safe. Five minutes later, Michael Jackson died. * MJs dying wish was to be melted down and turned into straws so he can still get sucked on by kids. * It has been released that MJs last wish was that he wants to be melted down and made into a slide so kids can go down on him forever. * In memory of MJs death, McDonalds is coming out with the new McJackson. Its 50 year old meat between 12 year old buns. * Michael Jacksons ashes are going to be put in an Etch A Sketch so kids can still twiddle his knob. * Michael Jacksons death has now been ruled a suicide. Apparently doctors told him that the only way he could get whiter is if he died. * Only in America can someone be born a poor black kid, and die a rich white woman. * Madonna sent her condolences to the Jackson family. Then asked how much they wanted for the kids. * Breaking News: Casper the friendly ghost was molested in the early hours of this morning! * Michael Jacksons last words: Take me to the Childrens Hospital! * What was Michael Jacksons last hit? The floor! * Michael Jackson died of a heart attack. He really shouldnt have looked at the man in the mirror.
Glen wrote:

Then there's the Men In Black version--he's not dead, he just went home.

velvet paintings.
scott
RonB wrote:

wanger into the money pot. Yessireebob!
"RonB" wrote:

There is no conformation yet that he has actually been buried.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

;-)
--
Froz...

RonB wrote:

a) 1 to 2 weeks telling us how he died, autopsy reports, etc. also, where, is he being buried, etc. b) 2 to 4 weeks telling us about the investigation into the doctors and other enablers c) 3 to 6 weeks telling us about the family feuding over the estate, record royalties, etc -- all the while playing MJ hits in the background d) 8 to 12 weeks on the arrests and results of (b)
They ought to be able to keep this front and center through at least halloween when they have the opportunity to
e) Put together an MJ tribute built around his "Thriller" album and hit video
They'll be milking this through Thanksgiving at least. It will make a great distraction for the masses while the statists in congress take away more liberty and freedoms.

Good Grief. My initial post was trying to be optimistic
But you are all correct. This is going to be a long summer.
Autumn, Winter,.......
RonB

Aww MAN, MUST you dangle that Daneliuk lure?
Robatoy wrote:

Heh! Just yesterday on Al Sharpton's radio program, a caller suggested the reason Sarah Palin resigned was that her illicit connection to MJ's death was about to be made public! Palin's connection to the death of Carl Maulden suspiciously absent. http://newsrealblog.com/2009/07/09/al-sharpton-show-did-sarah-palin-do-something-to-michael-jackson/