OT: India readies world's cheapest car: $2,467

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Extra/IndiaReadiesWorldsCheapestCar.aspx
I won't meet safety standards for US, in fact you probably couldn't buy a set of airbags and seatbelts alone for $2467.
And you certainly can't buy a sawstop for this! :D

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Extra/IndiaReadiesWorldsCheapestCar.aspx
Of course a Model T would not meet today's safety standards either.
India is ripe for this marketing concept and it will work if they take note of all the things Henry Ford did to make it work.
--

Roger Shoaf