[OT] I'm celebrating!

Page 3 of 3
Tom B wrote: | Well done Morris.
Thanks, Tom.
| Many threads here have some sensible advice from you. I know I've | appreciated them. I followed one of the threads to your website and | saw how you heated up a pretty big space with your solar heaters - | impressive. Glad to see that "the little guy" can make inroads where | the "big guys" don't bother to tread.
<g> As soon as the "big guys" figure it out, I'll probably be toast. I've played this role before - but /somebody/ had to get the ball rolling before we ran out of time.
| Keep it going!
Thanks for the encouragement. On my honor I'll do my best.
Mon, Jun 18, 2007, 9:26pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@iedu.com (MorrisDovey) doth gleefully exclaimeth: <snip> Today I loaded a pallet with three of my passive solar air-heating panels and sent my first out-of-state order <snip>
Good goin' Morris. And, for when you start shipping over the ponds. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18571845 /
JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton
J T wrote:
| Good goin' Morris. And, for when you start shipping over the | ponds. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18571845 /
Thanks! I'm hoping to need a bit more cargo capacity than the Solar21 provides. <g>
IMO, that was a gutsy crossing. Even with two hulls, a 10m boat seems pretty small for a trip like that (although I once met a guy who did a solo crossing in the other direction in a 17' sailboat).
Thu, Jun 21, 2007, 6:35am (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@iedu.com (MorrisDovey) doth sayeth: Thanks! I'm hoping to need a bit more cargo capacity than the Solar21 provides. <g> IMO, that was a gutsy crossing. Even with two hulls, a 10m boat seems pretty small for a trip like that (although I once met a guy who did a solo crossing in the other direction in a 17' sailboat).
I've got plans for a Viking longship stuck away smewhere, just let me know.
Morris Dovey wrote:
> IMO, that was a gutsy crossing. Even with two hulls, a 10m boat seems > pretty small for a trip like that (although I once met a guy who did a > solo crossing in the other direction in a 17' sailboat).
A 10M, monohull for crossing the Atlantic can almost be considered humongous.
While not the smallest by any means, back in the 60s, Robert Manry, a newspaper guy from Cleveland, built and then sailed Tinkerbelle, which was about 14 ft, across the Atlantic.
Years later, understand Manry's son helped rescue Tinkerbelle from the junk yard and donated her to the Western Reserve Historical Society where she has been restored.
Lew
Morris Dovey wrote:

G'day Morris, Have been pretty close to the place you're in ;) I have sold plenty of my toys and other stuff locally, but when I me a real buzz. A bigger boost was when a lady came back to me saying that her niece really loved the dolls cradle and it was definitely the only one in Norway. Keep on keeping on mate
regards John