"OT" How many here use Gmail?

I'm thinking seriously about KILLFILING all Gmail and was wondering how many actual use it to post????
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

I use it. But go ahead, killfile all gmail. You won't miss much. If I really want to be heard, I have many ways to do so.
In article

Booga-booga

Including that trained seal?

You mean googlegroups, (the web interface thatlets you post USENET) not GMAIL - which us just email.
p.s. I've been killfilling all posts from googlegroups... The threads I want to read don't seem to be hindered. I notice in some of the other newsgroups that some postings are filtered. These are usually neubies posting questions.... So I see the replies.
snipped-for-privacy@com.invalid says...

Aaaah! I was wondering what that was all about. <sheepish grin>
I've been using gmail for years now (since beta) and never had any problems with it, never any objections to it, little or no spam comes with a gmail return or sender address ... at least none that reaches my pop3 box.
-P.
writes:

I also use gmail just fine. Spam filters work and there is nary a real message that gets nailed as spam.
I use Xnews for posting and reading.
--
Best regards
Han

I presume he can either filter on the IP address of the machine that posted, which would allow him to exclude articles posted through google groups, provided that he has a way to identify the owner of an IP address, or the domain name of the email address (or for that matter, any string) in the "From: " header.
So he could do either, both, or neither.
--
FF

It's much more effective to killfile all posts that came through GoogleGroups.
Consider: 1) Nearly all Usenet spam now is posted through GoogleGroups. 2) Many of these spam posts are tagged with email addresses that are NOT at gmail.com. 3) Many legitimate posters use email addresses at gmail.com but do NOT post through GoogleGroups.
Thus, killfiling gmail will miss a lot of the spam, and kill a lot of posts that aren't spam.
How to do this has been discussed extensively on a number of newsgroups, including this one, in the last month or so.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

Took your advice and Killfiled GoogleGroups using the instructions available through the website you suggested. Guess if any member of gmail posts here I can always read the replies.
Thanks,
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
On May 13, 7:06 am, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

What he said.
Mr Miller is our resident rec.woowdorking killfile expert.
--
FF

evodawg wrote,on my timestamp of 13/05/2008 2:43 PM:

Just killfile them: source of the largest number of Usenet spam, thanks to the idiots who now run that place.