OT: Got any devices that use AAAA batteries?

I thought someone was pulling my leg when they mentioned AAAA batteries. Then I Googled and went to Duracell and Energizer sites. I still don't know what they are used in. Ever used AAAA's?

Dave

Reply to
David

I surely have. I have a stylus for a digitizing pad for my PC that used an AAAA battery. The pen apparently emits a small electric/radio signal that the digitizing pad picks up so it knows where the pen it. It was a cute idea, but I don't do enough drawing on my PC to make it worth the desktop real estate. It is off in a box of Shelfware now.

Nik

Reply to
Nik Hughes

I have been carrying one of these for the last 5 years.

don't buy AAAA batteries just anywhere! Batteries Plus and Interstate Batteries are the only place I can find them. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

I have a red LED penlight, not much thicker than a standard # pencil, that uses them. Nice for night work checking notes, maps, etc. without ruining your night vision. Bright little devil on top of everything else. Manufactured by Streamlight the high-end rechargeable aluminum flashlight folks.

Don't think I've ever seen another device that uses them but imagine there must be.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

:> Dave

: I have been carrying one of these for the last 5 years. :

You don't buy AAAA batteries just anywhere! Batteries Plus and Interstate : Batteries are the only place I can find them. : Greg

Actually, I know the duracell 9v battery is made with 6 AAAA batteries. The last time I needed one, also for a digitizing pen, a friend told me about the duracells.

Reply to
kmy

To everyone,

Thanks for enlightening me. I love flashlights, so I'll check out the LED flashlights if I run across them.

Costco is my primary battery "supplier", so I'll prob'ly suffer sticker shock when I buy AAAA's elsewhere. Unless Costco carries them too and I've just never noticed.

Dave

Reply to
David

Nik,

Just curious what type of pad is it? I may take it off your hands if you are willing to sell it and its what im looking for. Let me know.

Thanks, Rob

You can reply to me at r_b_v at v_e_r_z_e_r_a doht c_o_m (remove the _ to get the address)

Reply to
Rob V

I have a laser flashlight that is only slightly larger in diameter than a ball point pen. It uses AAAA batteries.

Don Dando

Reply to
Don Dando

there are also 2/3 AA 4/3 AA 1/3 AA's and 5/4 AA I think.

Reply to
Steve Knight

Got a couple of uses. Of course, there is the really slick, single LED flashlight (and I would REALLY like to find either one of the two I have-or had). Also, tablet computers that use a pen for input use a single AAAA battery in the pen to power it. Actually, IIRC, we use them a lot more than we might think, because a 9V battery is a bundle of AAAA batteries... Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

Thanks, curiosity got the best of me so I found a dead 9V and disemboweled it. Now I know what size those little buggers are!

Dave

Dave Mundt wrote:

Reply to
David

I've got a USB Sketching Pad device whose pen uses one AAAA battery. Tough to find locally, except at Battery Warehouse which soaks you for anything the slightest bit unusual -- but still far too low price to bother ordering off the web and paying shipping for.

Norm

Reply to
Norm Dresner

My wife has a digitizing tablet made by Cross (the people who make Cross pens) that uses 2 AAAA batteries in the pen. Ony place we've found that carries them is Fry's

--Steve

David wrote:

Reply to
Steve

No Jim

Reply to
Jim

Hi Dave, Yeah, I got a good un! My wife and I both have Glucometers that use them. The ones in my Freestyle died once. Only place I could find that had them was Radio Shack. Told them my name was Bill Clinton and my address was 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Washington. No way were they going to get me on their mailing list again. Took ten years to get off the last time. Later, Beej

Reply to
Beej-in-GA

Some very tiny penlights use them. If you need some rip open a 9v battery and you get 6 (not all 9v batteries are made that way though, so you may have to try a couple until you find the brand that works)

Reply to
Eugene Nine

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 22:14:33 GMT, the inscrutable "Jim" spake:

It's some odd Pommy size. ;) Hey, Walgreens carries them. =:0

It looks like a slim flashlight, the Streamlight Stylus, uses them, too.

-- Life's a Frisbee: When you die, your soul goes up on the roof. ----
Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

FWIW I have bought at least 4 or 5 Wacom PenPartner tablets between work and home use. There is one one the desk beside me right now. They work well, are now cheap (about $100) and don't need batteries.

One of the things I like about them is they don't screw up the "generic" mouse settings. When you set the acceleration and/or buttons of the Wacom mouse, it doesn't assume it is the ONLY mouse connected to your system and hijack the settings of all the other mice you may have installed. (My work computer has 4 pointing devices installed -- a PS/2 mouse in left hand mode, and a trackball and two optical mice in right hand mode. Wacom would work well in this environment since it wouldn't change all attached mice into the same "handedness" as EVERY SINGLE OTHER driver I have tested insists on doing.)

The only relationship I have with Wacom is a multiple repeat buyer of their products.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 00:46:03 GMT, the inscrutable "Mark Jerde" spake:

My Wacom digitizer is going on 10 year old and is still working fine. It's not as pretty as it once was, but the trusty Art Z II is still compatible with both Winders and portable trackballs. AFAIK, the pens don't use batteries at all.

-- Life's a Frisbee: When you die, your soul goes up on the roof. ----

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Damn nice little light.

Used to order them in pairs from Radioshack Unlimited when I worked there back in the dark days...

Reply to
Chris Ross