Anyone got any use for an Ideal Mexico II RS?

Before I ebay its gas valve and weigh in the rest, any takers?

Just uninstalled the old beast. Still in working order... age unknown, but probably late 80's early 90s. Was the propane model originally but was obviously rejetted etc when natural gas was laid in.

Reply to
John Rumm

And todays fun was watching the builder hit a gas pipe in an area that does not have a gas supply!

And Transco (or whatever they are this week) did turn up. And yes it was a gas supply.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Send it over here. There is no mains gas in our area, but we have a British Gas employee living down the road. I wonder if he gets a discount?

Reply to
Davey

Yes, those so called mappers who are supposed to document where services lie once again end up with egg on face.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It could have been a high pressure main, pass ing through an area with no low pressure supply pipe ... the JCB driver would soon know about it. Dad was a district supervisor for the gas board and as a kid I used to tag along when he was on standby ... high pressure mains getting dug up were rarer but more exciting!

Reply to
Andy Burns

In message , Brian Gaff writes

Yebbut, even if you tell the builders where the cable is and to hand dig, they still use machines:-(

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

And there was I getting all excited because I thought it was an Escort Mexico.

Reply to
Huge

Glad it wasn't just me then :-)

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

At the place I was working some years ago we were putting in a new path to = link two buildings (this was a research centre that had started as a countr= y house and had a load of extra buildings added). The JCB driver exposed a =

with forks and shovels who came behind to tidy up managed to puncture it w= ithin about 10 minutes. It was fortunate that it wasn't supplying anything = vital...

Reply to
docholliday93

Outside one office where I worked, there was a bloke spraying lines on the road marking positions of the 11kV line to the sewage pumping station, and the high pressure sewage pipe from the pumping station, just before the local cable company started digging up the roads to lay their cables. I spoke with him, and he sarcastically commented that this pretty much guaranteed they'ed hit one or the other.

He'd long gone by the time the mechanical diggers arrived, but he was spot on - they got the 11kV cable with a loud pop and puff of smoke, and all our power went out too. Can't help thinking it would have been much more entertaining to hit the high pressure sewage pipe... no fan required...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It might be an old boiler, buts its not *that* bad ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Eligible for historic rallying, and therefore worth money above and beyond any intrinsic value (nil).

Reply to
Huge

Does this mean I should be eBaying the gas valve off the Stelrad Ideal W2000 RS60 I've just ripped out and put in the scrap pile?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

You could try, then tell me if its worth doing ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

In message , John Rumm writes

But illegal to fit, of course

Reply to
geoff

Was he smoking as he fixed it?

When someone went through the gas supply on the paramount estate, the bloke rolled up in his van smoking a roll up

Of course, if you think about it, not really much chance of an explosion

Reply to
geoff

In message , David WE Roberts writes

There are still a few about, it might be worth it. Of course, you should be sending the fan to me

Reply to
geoff

Well of course... the phrase "for spares of repair" however probably covers that ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm
Reply to
David WE Roberts