OT "Divorce Sale"

Too funny. Check it out
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category 789&itemC60239889&rd=1
"THIS WAS MY EX-HUSBAND'S. HE INSISTED ON BUYING IT BUT HARDLY EVER USED IT. HE PROBABLY WOULD HAVE CUT OFF HIS HAND ANYWAYS. I PLUGGED IT IN AND IT SEEMS TO WORK GREAT. "

Not as funny as her pricing for shipping. I took a look at the other auctions she is selling - his old comics. Not sure how she calculated the shipping charges but they aren't consistent: 50 comics shipped to you for $49.99, 1000 shipped to you for $23.99, but only $19.99 for the tablesaw!..hmmm..

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:45:00 -0600, the inscrutable "Dukester"

Think of the karma debt, guys. Buying from a lady who stole it from her cheatin' hubby?
(Holding fingers up in the sign of the cross and looking for some garlic wreaths and silver bullets, just in case.)
----------------------------------------------------------------- When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction. --Steven Wright ---------------------------- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
Larry Jaques wrote:

To be accurate, the hubby she accuses of cheating so as to justify the theft and sale.
Persons who regularly engage in the intellectual pursuit commonly known as 'critical thinking' will avoid accepting the accusation on its face.
--

FF

Someone email her and ask if the saw is available for pick up. Her response should tell a lot.

Let us know how that works out for ya, Mike, ok?
The add looks a little bit too efficient for a "divorce sale"....buyer beware.
Rob
--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

"A.M. Wood" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message

... and shows way too much knowledge for a beginner.

Had EXACTLY the same thought!
Most people aren't biting on her auctions either, probably due to the excessive shipping charges.
Even if she has another ebay account (against the rules or not) that makes here familiar with ebaying, she is just too knowledgable or efficent with these auctions...a HTML ad, for example. Spelling and grammar errors suggest a younger person, possibly male.
John
Just whot r u emplying? That wee dunt now how to speel?
--
Jeff P.

Check out my woodshop at: www.sawdustcentral.com
True Story > I went to a garage sale several years ago that was full of "Guy stuff" and this gal was selling off her hubby's stuff, tools, fishing gear and you name it. Nothing had a price tag on so shoppers had to ask about everything. If someone would ask about a price she would say 2 bucks, didn't matter if it was a 100.00 rod and reel or a high dollar router, it was 2 bucks. She would just laugh and kept repeating I'll teach that &^*%%$. RM~
A.M. Wood wrote:

Funny, but sounds like BS.
The seller is charging $19 to ship 20 comic books, and will not combine shipping, but has zero feedback. Most newbies don't know what combined shipping is.
The shipping for the TS is $20 PLUS actual shipping.
Those auctions smell.
Barry
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:27:30 GMT, B a r r y

On the whole, I agree. If you look at the "sport" cards, there must be over 150K of them. She knows enough to say that they are from the 1950s to the present but she suggests that they have been packaged already, randomly. Won't even say what "sport" they are -- the few images show baseball, but the rest could be Lithuanian football. (No offense to any Lithuanians - I just wonder about the US market value of those cards.)
Now, there is a very old story about a jilted woman who sells her ex-husband's stuff on the cheap because he said, "Sell my stuff and send me the proceeds". If that were the case here, selling at bargain basement prices would make lots of sense. But here, the woman claims she will use the proceeds for a trip, so she would want high sales prices. IMO, the only thing suggesting that this is legit is that she starts the auction prices very low. Also, I checked with a woman who "understands" this situation and she thinks it sounds legit -- "Just get the stuff out of here." -- Igor
A.M. Wood wrote:

comic book lot sales. Looks more like spam email than a real Ebay auction.