OT - Bottled Water

Page 2 of 2
Ferd Farkel wrote:

So how does a "5 gallon carboy" help me if I don't carry the whole 5 gallons?
--John

Weighs half as much as a 10.
Ferd Farkel wrote:

Here's a typical trip for me: http://www.stromtrooper.com/forums/showthread.php?t 782. Please tell me how you would have made use of your "5 gallon carboy" other than by strapping it onto the bike.
--John

With straps? Like this guy, whose bike runs on pedal power:
http://microship.com/resources/resourcepix/behemothwisc.jpg
Ferd Farkel wrote:

And after a week or so then what? Do I spend a day riding all over Labrador City looking for another carboy?
--John

I know this is way too easy a solution, but how about something like "Not a bad idea, but it doesn't work for me"?
Then again, if you guys really enjoy pissing on each others feet in the shower, have at it..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
All of this talk abut dead horses, power plant runoff, three eyed fish etc has nothing to do with the water. The water is just fine if you take all the bad stuff out of it, it is still water.

Right. You don't think they haul up bottles of Evian to the ISS every two months.

40 gallons a minute !?!?! How's about piping it to drought-stricken states?
--
NuWave Dave in Houston

Thu, Oct 25, 2007, 8:14am (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (DaveInHouston) doth exclaimeth: 40 gallons a minute !?!?! How's about piping it to drought-stricken states?
Hah! I've seen how they irrigate out there; half, or more, of the water evaporates before it even gets to the ground.
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 02:11:42 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

We're using a reverse osmosis? setup for the kitchen sink and frig... The water here won't hurt ya, but it sure tastes and smells like it will... lol
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Only if we didn't bring our own. We use a water filter to refill our own water bottles, not only saves us money but we aren't throwing away gazillions of water bottles that end up in landfills. Our tap water is safe but tasted horrible once we were accustomed to filtered water.
Thu, Oct 25, 2007, 1:21pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid (DGDevin) doth sayeth: <snip> Our tap water is safe but tasted horrible once we were accustomed to filtered water.
Mine is not only safe, but I'd say it's the best water I've ever tasted. Let it run for a few minutes, and it's nice and cold too.
Good for you on avoiding the great rip-off of bottled water. All the dumb ass hipsters who buy it need to be reminded that one of the top sellers is Evian!!!!!!!spell that backwards and it tells something about the buyers and how they make fun of the people who pay for it.

Or, as Penn and Teller would say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfPAjUvvnIc

As Ben Franklin said, "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 liter of TAP water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. coli) - bacteria found in poop. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop. However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine or beer (or tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting. Remember: Water = Poop Wine = Health Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of crap. Could that be why Jesus turned the water into wine? There is no need to thank me for this valuable information; I'm doing it as a public service.
"
Lee wrote:

Well that did it. No more water for me. From now on it's wine or even better - whiskey!