OT: Biodiesel at Home

Page 2 of 2
Robatoy wrote:

Not very long... Just leave it to the Peoples Republic of Illinois... http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/03/illinois_man_fi.php
Lex wrote:

Republican State Senator has introduced a State bill "...which would curtail government interference regarding alternative fuels, such as vegetable oil..."I would agree that the bond is not acceptable, $2,500 bond," Watson said, adding that David Wetzel should be commended for his innovative efforts." (His car) gets 46 miles per gallon running on vegetable oil. We all should be thinking about doing without gasoline if we're trying to end foreign dependency."
It'll never pass here in the Peoples Republic... NEVER! Sad but true....
Existing fuel tax laws already exist in every state. It's difficult for ordinary citizens to figure out how to pay the taxes but some have already been prosecuted for not paying.
"Florida law demands 29 cents per gallon of homemade fuel, but few pay it, intentionally or because they don't know the rules."
http://www.wesh.com/automotive/16093985/detail.html
There are also strict laws against making distilling equipment (required to make ethanol). But that hasn't stopped me from making my own schnapps and whiskey. The government just wants their cut so they can pay for hookers.

You probably could fit all of the equipment in the back of a pickup truck. Diesel powered, of course.
--
FF