OT - Bank Account Scams

Last week I think it was JOAT that posted a warning about a ficticious eBay email that asked him to log into his account to "verify" it. It was a scam from someone trying to get his credit card info. I get these all the time too as I assume most of you do, but the one I recieved today just seemed too funny not to share. Below is the text of the note. They were able to get about every other word right.

Reply to
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"Larry C in Auburn, WA"

thnks four sendin this too me. I missit the furst time sew now I can snd my infromatun to tem and get my ac-count pcteriotion goin.

Yur frend, Eddd

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I got the very same one. Sent it to Citibank with the notation that it was undoubtedly the ugliest spoof that I had ever seen.

It is a sign of the times that so many web bus> Last week I think it was JOAT that posted a warning about a ficticious eBay

Reply to
jo4hn

Whats really scary about this is that I bet there are some people that actually did it.

Reply to
Rob V

I also got the same message.

Nova

Reply to
acronym

"Larry C in Auburn, WA" wrote in news:flZLb.17147$nt4.35796@attbi_s51:

I just got a much more articulate one. Tipoff was that it came from a hotmail address. Citibank knows about it.

Reply to
Han

I get a few ripoffs of the nigerian scams every week. The I have money in X place, for reason Y I cant get it, send a reply to Z, and I will trust you with the money, so long as you make a deposit in

in article snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net, Nova at snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net wrote on 1/10/04 3:19 PM:

Reply to
Reyd Dorakeen

Reply to