OT - Bank Account Scams

Last week I think it was JOAT that posted a warning about a ficticious eBay email that asked him to log into his account to "verify" it. It was a scam from someone trying to get his credit card info. I get these all the time too as I assume most of you do, but the one I recieved today just seemed too funny not to share. Below is the text of the note. They were able to get about every other word right.
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

Dear Citibank Mebmers,

thnks four sendin this too me. I missit the furst time sew now I can snd my infromatun to tem and get my ac-count pcteriotion goin.
Yur frend, Eddd
LOL I got one of them too. Tony D.

e-mail
my
I got the very same one. Sent it to Citibank with the notation that it was undoubtedly the ugliest spoof that I had ever seen.
It is a sign of the times that so many web businesses have email addys specifically for sending in ficticious requests for "verification". Sigh.     mahalo,     jo4hn
Larry C in Auburn, WA wrote:

Whats really scary about this is that I bet there are some people that actually did it.

eBay
scam
too
klick
"Larry C in Auburn, WA" wrote:

I also got the same message.
I get a few ripoffs of the nigerian scams every week. The I have money in X place, for reason Y I cant get it, send a reply to Z, and I will trust you with the money, so long as you make a deposit in <insert here>
in article snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net, Nova at snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net wrote on 1/10/04 3:19 PM:

probably citibank fishing for people who really shouldn't be trusted with a credit card and online access. who needs THAT liability?
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 20:34:20 +0000, Larry C in Auburn, WA wrote:

I just got a much more articulate one. Tipoff was that it came from a hotmail address. Citibank knows about it.
--
Best regards
Han