find details from a bank account?

I had workers in last year to work on my garden They did a good ob so I would like them again this year. Sadly I have lost the contact details, all i have is the bank details From where I paid them. Is it possible to get their contact detials from their bank information. If so how please?

Reply to
John Towill

Send them 1p transactions with the reference field as your message. :-)

Theo

Reply to
Theo

You could just try a web search on the account number and sort code - some business will publish their payment details on their web site.

Reply to
John Rumm

Write a letter to them via their bank and ask it to be passed on?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

And remember to ask them to knock 1p off their quote :-)

Reply to
Scion

Or write them a letter care of the bank branch, asking the staff to pass it on (postage stamp affixed, inside a larger stamped envelope addressed to the bank). Make it clear to the bank that you're a satisfied customer and want to use their services again.

Reply to
JNugent

Their bank will probably add a fee of at least £25.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

That's what I would do first, too. If they are a local firm it might be worth posting a query on a local FB site, especially if you can say something like "I am trying to trace Fred and George who fixed my garden last year".

Reply to
newshound

Yup, do this,

However, as a security check, ye may find the online bank website will ask ya to enter the name of the company that ye are paying using that sort code/account code.

Of course, ye won't know this, so enter something random. This will fail their sanity check, but they may then lookup the real account name and show it.

Which is the answer.... and ye can then cancel out.

1p saved. Can I have it?
Reply to
Adrian Caspersz