OT: as OT as OT gets. I had my last Peanut Butter Cup.

Page 3 of 6
I like the usage of such words as "supposably" and "irregardless"
regurgitate
-----------
Add pictures here
✖

Yeah?
Just what term *would* you use to describe doing something "without irregard"?
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 29, 8:22 am, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

With regard, or more likely, a headache and a cup of tea.
Add pictures here
✖

..and what's with that "fact of the matter" crap, eh?
Add pictures here
✖

It's probably the aliens.
Add pictures here
✖

Off of. Argh! Seems to be perfectly acceptable in N. America though, but here it makes one sound like an imbecile.
The replacement of 'th' with 'v': Fahver rather than father. Makes me want to dance a bad dance.
Add pictures here
✖
On 11/28/10 5:10 PM, Robatoy wrote:

You'ns
--

-MIKE-

✖
David Paste wrote:

I have no children but my observation of hundreds leads me to believe that the single most important thing in their obtaining decent language skills is for their parents to have those skills. If the parents don't have them, I suspect it is a losing battle for the schools to instill them; in most cases, not all.
Case in point: my wife's brother (half, fortunately) spent ten years at decent universities. He is hard pressed to string together three words into a grammatically correct spoken sentence. His writing is even worse. My wife does fine which surprises me as they were raised in the same household. Must be her contact with me :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Yep, I'd go for that! The family teachers have mentioned something similar before now.

I find it a bit sad really - not in a patronising "isn't it a shame" way, but spoken language is the primary method for most people to convey their thoughts and ideas. It must be terribly frustrating to not be able to get your point across clearly. A lot of bad behaviour in certain children is down to this, apparently.

Undoubtedly!
Add pictures here
✖

gr8 it'll get wurs as the txt gnrtn duz mor txtng
CU
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 15:40:50 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

And it's just as bad in the newspapers, not to mention TV. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!
-- Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences. It should equip a person to live life well, to understand what is happening around him, for to live life well one must live life with awareness. -- Louis L'Amour
Add pictures here
✖
On 11/27/10 4:57 PM, Markem wrote:

I remember hearing a college professor say that language evolves, but should never be an excuse to let it get dumbed down to the lowest common denominator.
Rent the movie, Idiocracy, and see where we're headed. :-)
--

-MIKE-

✖
On 11/27/2010 4:57 PM, Markem wrote:

Criminy, I JUST got done talking about this in the post to which -MIKE- replied. It's "way TOO fast", not "way TO fast" !!!
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

But I was starving.
Tis a bird in hand, the middle finger is.
Mark
Add pictures here
✖
On 11/28/2010 8:06 AM, Markem wrote:

Well then good job. :-)

What, *another* person who doesn't like to have their grammar corrected? How many of you ARE there anyway? :-)
✖
On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 12:45:46 -0600, Steve Turner

I think it's a conspiracy, though they couldn't spell that.
-- Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. -- Storm Jameson
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 12:45:46 -0600, Steve Turner

Billions but most are tweeting.
Mark
Add pictures here
✖
On 11/28/2010 3:02 PM, Markem wrote:

LOL ...
Anyone optimistically presumptuous to the extent they assume online grammar can be corrected brings to mind the proverbial ant crawling up an elephants hind leg with rape in mind.
Not to mention that many folks may be quite grammatical when speaking, but have fingers that stumble ass over tea kettle when using the keyboard.
Basically, a smug presumption of grammatical superiority is likely to be delusional at best, and showing your ass at worst.
AFAIC, knock yourselves out, but fuck you in advance ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Does not matter to me, what I am really good at is troubleshooting things (mainly electronic circuitry) and I have yet to meet one that required I properly address it in English.
Mark
Add pictures here
✖

That last form _IS_ a correct usage. For which the indicated treatement is usually to administer penecillin.
<grin>
Add pictures here
✖