OT: as OT as OT gets. I had my last Peanut Butter Cup.

...and somebody has to take out the garbage.

BTW, heard an interesting stat the other day.

There are in excess of 1.1 million attorneys in the USA.

The population of the USA is about 310 million.

IOW, there is an attorney for about every 300 people.

Wonder how many doctors and/or engineers there are?

Lew

Reply to
Josepi

...and somebody has to take out the garbage.

BTW, heard an interesting stat the other day.

There are in excess of 1.1 million attorneys in the USA.

The population of the USA is about 310 million.

IOW, there is an attorney for about every 300 people.

Wonder how many doctors and/or engineers there are?

Lew

Reply to
Josepi

By now, he's likely considering the source.

-- Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences. It should equip a person to live life well, to understand what is happening around him, for to live life well one must live life with awareness. -- Louis L'Amour

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Probably on the Internet, searching for Swingy's physical address so she can wallop him for the missing question mark, and his grating grammer and ornery manner of late.

-- Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences. It should equip a person to live life well, to understand what is happening around him, for to live life well one must live life with awareness. -- Louis L'Amour

Reply to
Larry Jaques

And it's just as bad in the newspapers, not to mention TV. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

-- Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences. It should equip a person to live life well, to understand what is happening around him, for to live life well one must live life with awareness. -- Louis L'Amour

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I was looking up an address of a friend of mine, an attorney in NY state, and this list popped up...I laughed my ass off:

Robatoy

In this case though M&M packages have been brown for as long as I can remember--if they have any sense the courts will tell Hershey that that ship sailed before anybody present in the courtroom was born. And if there was any justice they'd also award M&Ms punitive damages for their trouble in putting up with Hershey's harassment.

And the statute needs to be changed so that only unique and distinctive colors or combinations of color are protected, and that packaging that approximates the natural color of the commonplace product contained therein is _never_ protected. Either that or there has to be a "common sense" test given to judges before they are allowed to take the bench.

Perhaps we need a Constitutional Amendment to the effect that if a matter brought before the judge makes the judge giggle or do a facepalm, the finding is immediately for the defendant, the plaintiff pays all costs including inconvenience to the defendant, and counsel for the plaintiff is immediately and permanently disbarred.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Wherever the 'H' is not aspirated (therefore not pronounced) the second letter provides the solution to the rule for the indefinite article : 'a' before a consonant, 'an' before a vowel.

So, it is an (h)ospital, an (h)otel, an (h)onour, an (h)our etc.

The special case of 'H' being followed by 'Y' doesn't cause a problem because the 'H' is always aspirated.

JG

Reply to
JG

>>> Confused? If I was the judge, that case would be over in 15

Scary shit, Maynard!

800,000, but up to half are threatening to retire due to Obamunism. Two of my neighbor's doctors have retired and another one is due at the end of the year. Medicare just told him that he can no longer go to the doctor every 6 weeks (MD suggestion) to check his meds, he has to go every month now. This adds more costs to the patients, overloads the remaining doctors, and costs Medicare more money. How in the f*ck does this save the gov't money?!?
1.5 million, but there are at least another thousand here on Wreck.Metalheads, right? Here's the breakdown:
was unable to quickly google the number of politicians in the USA, but I fear it is very high.

-- Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences. It should equip a person to live life well, to understand what is happening around him, for to live life well one must live life with awareness. -- Louis L'Amour

Reply to
Larry Jaques

is screwed up?

-- Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences. It should equip a person to live life well, to understand what is happening around him, for to live life well one must live life with awareness. -- Louis L'Amour

Reply to
Larry Jaques

-------

Oh, god. I've been around you guys for too, too long.

-- Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences. It should equip a person to live life well, to understand what is happening around him, for to live life well one must live life with awareness. -- Louis L'Amour

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Go up to someone not familiar with this story and ask the simple question: "When you think of chocolate bars, what company comes to mind?"

The vast majority will respond "Hershey."

Now ask them "When's the last time you saw a Hershey commercial? On TV, in a magazine, a billboard, anywhere?" They'll be hard-pressed to remember even one.

Since it's founding, the Hershey company has harkened to it's founder's motto: "Make a good product and put your name on it as big as you can."

This reliance on product branding is rife throughout the company - it's a big deal within the Hershey company. That's probably why they went bridal over something they considered similar.

Reply to
HeyBub

"Robatoy" wrote

"Your Honor, I'll bet you $500 he is guilty". Damn, lost another bet.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

But I was starving.

Tis a bird in hand, the middle finger is.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

"HeyBub" wrote

Only a lawyer can see the similarities in a shade of brown. One is a big orange wrapper with some printing, the other is a big brown wrapper with more subtle printing. From 100 yards you can tell them apart. Case dismissed!

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0-- = Louis L'Amour

I wasn't laughing because I thought it was funny!

Reply to
Robatoy

Swine!

Reply to
David Paste

Reap what you sow.

Reply to
Robatoy

I have to say, different accents have never really bothered me. I tend to think that if the person has a grasp of syntax and vocabulary, then however they speak can be compensated for by a competent listener. For example, there are many different accents in the UK, but we all tend to get along quite happily.

I had an argument with a cousin of mine once - she was trying to convince everyone around her that words with 'oo' (book, cook, look, etc) must ALWAYS be pronounce with the oo as in 'ooh-la-la', and not 'cut'. Now I can accept that in regional accents this may be true for certain words, but have you ever heard the word 'foot' pronounced that way? We quickly resumed drinking.

My personal b=EAte noire is the mispronunciation of words like bath or grass. Typically, southerners get it wrong and end up offending my ears with bahth and grahss, which to me should be spelt baath and graass. I'm boring myself now. I'll just stop.

Reply to
David Paste

D'oh!

(I'm having roast pork for my dinner, as it happens...)

Reply to
David Paste