OT: as OT as OT gets. I had my last Peanut Butter Cup.

Well, gold is pretty good heat shield, so clearly they are defending us form the heat of hell. Of course, that implies hell is somewhere in the Vatican, but that's not such a stretch of the imagination!

Reply to
David Paste

Where's it at? Or should I ax somebody else?

Reply to
dadiOH

You just had to lower the tone, didn't you!

Reply to
David Paste

Considering that English was a second language for many of my teachers early on, it's amazing we learned grammar of any sort.

We were told repeatedly never to use "me" when listing yourself after others ... and to do so was to be ill mannered as well (thank you, Sister Mary Catherine, for that bit of ill advised wisdom). It wasn't until I got into college that I learned not all considered that grammatically correct.

So, apparently there are three of you??

;)

Reply to
Swingman

Mais cher, I'll told you dis about dat ...

Reply to
Swingman

You have GOT to be kidding.... . . . g,d&r

Reply to
Robatoy

English the living language, it evolves and changes way to fast by the time you are forty. Myself at fifty four I will stick with numbers as a language I understand how to use.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

I got the other 6. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Me. Leon and Me, not I.

(Look, it's too cold here in Britain for me to be in the shed at the minute, and this is how my lack-of-woodworking frustration manifests itself!)

Him and me seen it.

Reply to
Leon

------------------------------ That's no excuse for the absolute butchery of the rules when trying to correctly apply the subjective vs. objective case of pronouns.

My teachers would roll over in their graves at the total abomination that passes for correct grammar these days.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

If it was not for Summer Theatre being an English credit I would not have qualified for my High School diploma. Those were the rules and I bent them a bit. I attempt not to butcher English but not always successfully.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

I remember hearing a college professor say that language evolves, but should never be an excuse to let it get dumbed down to the lowest common denominator.

Rent the movie, Idiocracy, and see where we're headed. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Colors (used in packaging) CAN be trademarked. This is codified in U.S. law and also in the international Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights, including Trade in Counterfeit Goods of the TRIPS Agreement.

"In conclusion, in spite of precedent setting lawsuits, the laws of color ownership are in flux. Prior rulings are frequently reversed by subsequent lawsuits. Consequently, companies continue to take legal action and millions are spent to defend the rights to color."

The Supreme Court held in the 1995 case of Qualitex Co. v. Jacobson Products Co., 115 S.Ct. 1300 (1995) that the green-gold color of a dry cleaning press pad can function as a trademark.

HeyBub

get a Peanut Butter Cup from Hershey's? Just because it is legal doesn't make it right.

Reply to
Robatoy

Actually, the suit is over new Dove packaging and its use of orange, though Hershey admits there are shades of orange other than that trademarked for Reese's packaging.

Wasn't it in this newsgroup where it was recently noted that 3M has trademarked "purple," though it was unclear whether it was the word or the color that was trademarked? In any case, isn't it nice to know that in these days or high unemployement, the copyright lawyers likely will not need to search for new jobs!

Reply to
Steve

"HeyBub" wrote

True, but look at the two packages side by side.

If I was the judge, that case would be over in 15 seconds.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

"Lew Hodgett" wrote

gr8 it'll get wurs as the txt gnrtn duz mor txtng

CU

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Criminy, I JUST got done talking about this in the post to which -MIKE- replied. It's "way TOO fast", not "way TO fast" !!!

Reply to
Steve Turner

> Confused? If I was the judge, that case would be over in 15

------------------------------ In the legal community think it's called job security.

BTW, heard an interesting stat the other day.

There are in excess of 1.1 million attorneys in the USA.

The population of the USA is about 310 million.

IOW, there is an attorney for about every 300 people.

Wonder how many doctors and/or engineers there are?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Odd - the two companies normally get along with each other.

From time to time one or the other asks for help from the other in getting some chocolate raw materials. Their supplier was caught in a storm or whatnot.

They have a pact that they help each other. I suppose some one just got a new kid out of Harvard or Yale and had to test...

Mart> No more Hershey products for me. (Haven't consciously bought a Coke

Reply to
Martin Eastburn