OT: Are Woodworkers smarter than your average bear?

Page 2 of 4
I got this:
"Congratulations, Brian! Your IQ score is 192
Your Intellectual Type is Philosopher-King. This means you are highly intelligent, so much so that you avoid physical labor and exert your intelligence to coerce or mislead others into doing it for you. If you are not a Captain of Industry, you should be in a fairer world, and if only nations would obey your commands a Utopia would be a possiblility instead of an unreachable dream. Godlike in your sagacity, and humble in your humility, you cannot but feel as though tests such as these are the only validatoion of your innate and yet obvious superiority to nearly all other human beings. Your taking our survey honors us, and your presence upon this Earth during our lifetimes gives our existence meaning. Our daughters are yours for the asking."
Kinda needed that to brighten my day.
"Brian Siano" wrote in message

Apparently gaining in the dyslexia/presbyopia department as I get older, I originally read that as:

... however, it works either way. ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/15/04

...and a pretty smart guy. IQ is like blue eyes: they're both genetic gifts. And anyway it ain't what you got, it's how you use it.

after all, there wasn't a _single_ question about stealing picnic baskets

others.
facts
like
Congratulations, Karl! Your IQ score is 133
This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.
Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.
I am protesting the results based on color blindness! Besides, they never told me which prom dress was right for me.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/15/04

"Leon" wrote in message

You're gonna have to move, Leon ... this town ain't big enough for two geniuses!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/15/04

says...

OK, I bit, although I didn't spend much time on it. It said mine was 135 which is 30 less than it was in high school. Considering that was 50 years ago, it's probably right :-).
Now we'll see how much spam I get at a throwaway email address :-). Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?
158. If you do well on this test or enjoy tests like this, you should try the Mensa test.
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"Greg Millen" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
And I didn't even send them the 12.95, although the phony email address used the first try had already been used.
Congratulations, Rick! Your IQ score is 133
This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.
Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others - and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

fun.
test
Hmmmm, if I came in from the woods to take a sh*t, does that make me smarter'n him?
Of course, I haven't turned over any logs nor eaten any ants since survival school, either....

survival
Ahh, Survival School. They told me if we could catch a Bush Rat it would taste like a Brown Snake which is like chewy chicken. Well, 2.5 weeks in, we caught one - the bastids lied. Bush rat tastes just like bush rat, which I imagine is like any other rat.
Greg
Greg Millen writes:

There are some things I'm really happy I don't know firsthand.
Charlie Self "The test and the use of man's education is that he finds pleasure in the exercise of his mind." Jacques Barzun
On 07 Jun 2004 07:34:03 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) calmly ranted:

Ayup. Distastefulness by proxy has its advantages.
------------------------------------------------------------------ Vote early, Vote often, Vote for Chad! http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website & Database Development
SO I tried it too.
I couldn't get past the page asking for lots of personal info. I answered these questions, but didn't elect to get their newsletter
Did others refuse the newsletter?
I have an ad blocker, "Ad Smasher", running in the background at all times. Ad Smasher informed me something was being pushed on my computer, and the something was being refused.
Maybe this is a data mining operation??
James snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com
brocpuffs wrote:

I got through that page and when i submitted it it refused my e-mail addy, the real one. I checked my mail and it had accepted it afterall. I clicked on the link and wasn't able to retrieve any results. PITA as far as I'm concerned. I told them to remove my data from their dB and lists. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
brocpuffs wrote:

The only true information I gave was my DOB as it is necessary to get an accurate score since IQ is based on age. All the other information, including an email address was made up.