Orange agate?

I picked up a chunk of wood at the Denver Woodworking show that the seller was calling Orange Agate?
Anyone have any idea what this wood is? I can't find any reference on it.
wskossack asks:

Osage orange? What does it look like?
Charlie Self "Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing." Redd Foxx
It is not osage. I also queried in the turners newsgroup. The best response I got from one wood turner is that it is a new wood out of peru.
It is orange with nice grain patterns. They had a couple small turned items out of it that seemed to have kept its color sofar but only time will tell.
Much of their stock was cracking. One large plank still had the pith in it and it looked nice until I turned it over and saw some large checks running the length of the board.
Charlie Self wrote:

william kossack wrote:

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 03:15:14 GMT, "George E. Cawthon"

Say what you will about petrified wood, it is damn sure dimensionally stable.
--RC (who works it all the time)
Sleep? Isn't that a totally inadequate substitute for caffine?
Could you mean Orange Osage? max