Old jointer help needed

I have a chance to get an old 6" jointer. It doesn't have a name on it, but it seems to be a heavy, good quality machine. My question is about what speed the cutterhead should be run at? The cutter head is a 3 blade, approx. 2 3/4 dia. It is on a home made stand, with a 1/2 hp, 3400 rpm motor, with the same size pulleys on the head and motor. I have seen pictures of other jointers, showing a larger pulley on the motor, for more cutterhead speed. So I need to know if I should step up the cutterhead speed, and if so to what speed? And what is a good belt to run on a jointer like this? Maybe some one out there can give a guess as to what brand it is. Here is some info: Old 6" jointer (cast iron.) Dia. approx 2 3/4" Infeed and outfeed tables as seen from the side, flair out, like the deck of an aircraft carrier. The fence is heavy cast iron, that pivots on 1 end, at the fence rail The fence rides on a rectangular rail, similiar to an old Craftsman table saw I had years ago. Under each table is a crank, with a handle, to raise or lower. It appears to have some kind of blocks, that the cutterhead rides in. I assume there are bearings in them.
So any help or ideas of the Brand. Thanks to all, I learn and enjoy the group
Sounds like the old "Dunlap" I inherited a few years back, I believe it's Sears pre-Craftsman. Mine's on a wooden stand with a big pulley on the motor and a small one on the cutter assembly, Haven't a clue as to speeds, but it works really well. RJ

but it

the
dia.
size
showing
what
of an

saw I

assume
4200-4400 is about the norm.
Measure the diameter of the motor pulley, then the cutterhead pulley divide motor by cutter and multiply times motor speed.
2 1/2 motor 2 pulley not uncommon. 2.5 / 2= 1.25 x 3450 = 4312
I've got the link belt on mine, but a well-tensioned whatever fits is going to do about as well.
Sounds like what all jointers were until the mid-table fence and Taiwan revolution.

but it

the
dia.
size