old beaver machinery....

I have an opportunity to pick up some old machines from an acquaintance...
-old floorstanding Beaver drill press - looks like about a 6"-10" travel and about a 20" swing.... -old Beaver jointer (looks like 4", but could be 6"...very short beds for a 6" though) -old General (Quebec) 14" bandsaw. Cast iron wheels, huge casting, one piece upper/lower wheel cover.
I would guess they are at least 20 years old and probably more.
Are these worth the time and investment? The owner assures me they all run fine, he just does not use them anymore...They came from what used to be a family furniture factory.
As for what I may have to do to them in terms of tuneup/maintenance, dunno about the jointer, the drill press seems fine and I know I will have to at least replace the tires on the bandsaw.
Any comments out there about the value of these as woodworking machines, any potential problems, and any guesstimates as to a fair value for these things...
stickdoctorq wrote:

Oh Hell, I thought this thread would be about toys for old Chicks ..,
<G>
Never mind.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
Mark wrote:

Congratulations! You win the bad taste award!
I'm glad I held my tongue long enough to avoid being the first. :)
Silvan wrote:

But where did you hold your tongue?
UA100
Inside a warm and moist place, I'll wager.     j4
Unisaw A100 wrote:

jo4hn wrote:

Ya damn skippy.