Okay, while everyone is gloating I may as well join in ...

Last month I picked up an Oliver 51K lathe - complete! S/N indicates it was made around 1932. Must weigh 600#. Go on over to OWWM to see pix of the beast. It is in pieces in my shed while I strip the ugly paint off it and rebuild it. Boy is it ever fun to salivate over using it in a few weeks. They just don't make them like this anymore. ;-}
Oh yeah - the gloat. Owner threw in over 100 b.f. of 20+ year old 4/4 cherry, a dozen turning chisels, skews, rounds etc. Price? Er, excuse me - $300. LATWTTB...
you suck m Eggs!!!
len

Big Time! Tom
This is getting depressing.
One more time
YOU SUCK!
charlie b

you're killing me here, I now have extreme lathe envy...
but I have to give you your award:
Y O U S U C K
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
DIYGUY wrote:

As in my previous degloater reply, you should've bargained him down to $200. Sigh. WTF. You suck.     grumble and whine,     jo4hn
jo4hn wrote:

Actually, I did bargain the price down. The original price was $400 for just the lathe. Then the cherry and the turning tools were thrown in at the new lower price. I could not wheedle any lower in good conscience, but then YMMV ...
DIYGUY wrote:

in caps: YOU SUCK!     ;-)     jo4hn