Okay, while everyone is gloating I may as well join in ...

Last month I picked up an Oliver 51K lathe - complete! S/N indicates it was made around 1932. Must weigh 600#. Go on over to OWWM to see pix of the beast. It is in pieces in my shed while I strip the ugly paint off it and rebuild it. Boy is it ever fun to salivate over using it in a few weeks. They just don't make them like this anymore. ;-}

Oh yeah - the gloat. Owner threw in over 100 b.f. of 20+ year old 4/4 cherry, a dozen turning chisels, skews, rounds etc. Price? Er, excuse me - $300. LATWTTB...

Reply to
DIYGUY

you suck m Eggs!!!

len

Reply to
leonard

Big Time! Tom

Reply to
Thomas Bunetta

This is getting depressing.

One more time

YOU SUCK!

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

you're killing me here, I now have extreme lathe envy...

but I have to give you your award:

Y O U S U C K

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

As in my previous degloater reply, you should've bargained him down to $200. Sigh. WTF. You suck. grumble and whine, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Actually, I did bargain the price down. The original price was $400 for just the lathe. Then the cherry and the turning tools were thrown in at the new lower price. I could not wheedle any lower in good conscience, but then YMMV ...

Reply to
DIYGUY

in caps: YOU SUCK! ;-) jo4hn

Reply to