Ok, gonna show my ignorance here

Page 2 of 2
Existential Angst wrote:

Standard technique used for doing "Match & Line Up" on a wall paper job.
Works every time with no error.
Lew

That type of cut is often called a dutchman. (no joke here...for real)

And, for example, how you cut blades for welding in a blade welder (with li'l scissor/chopper) -- no worry about squareness, straightness, no grinding, nuthin -- until the weld is done, and you grind off the flash.
--
EA

> Works every time with no error.

You are not incorrect but for the fun of supposing, the OP is wanting to line a hole with felt. When does a hole transform into a larger opening? ;~) When I read hole, I pictred a drill bit hole, 1/4"~1/2" in diameter. Perhaps you pictured a 4",5",6"+ diameter hole. LOL. I tried to picture putting felt inside a 1/2" diameter hole, and also some how forcing a razor inside the hole. ;~)

Prezactly. And why has everyone assumed the hole is round? Art
Artemus wrote the following:

because he asked for the formula. If a rectangle, or triangle, all that is needed is a tape measure.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Another unfounded assumption. It could be an oval. Art
On 7/13/2011 3:54 PM, Artemus wrote:

OR it could be 45379 and three and one half sixteenths sided. ;~O

QUICK, HIT THE 'CONVERT TO CURVES' KEY COMBO!
-- Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace. -- Robert J. Sawyer

Pretty much what I was going to say....
--
EA

On 7/13/2011 2:42 PM, Artemus wrote:

We were all hungry and thinking about pie. ;~)

Are you saying you never felt the inside of a hole? Marc

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have a feeling this thread just went off the rails.
On 7/12/2011 5:18 PM, Robatoy wrote:

I think you are right, but when the question was asked the direction was inevitable.

It does make you wonder what he is making..........
Paul O.