OF - Bambike

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2005/04/byob_build_your.php
That's someone's silly way of saying bamboo bike. This is off-topic by the way, because bamboo is a grass, not wood. I didn't check this to see if it actually tells how to make a bamboo bike or not. If, I say IF, I wanted to make something like this, I'd split some bamboo and just slip it over the bike frame. But I' don't ever see myself doing anything like that.
J T wrote:

6-7 years ago, high-end framebuilder Calfee did this on a whim, and it kind of caught on:
<http://www.calfeedesign.com/bamboo.htm
You can actually buy it. One of the options is hemp frame lugs. <G>

Right next door to my shop is the local bike shop's assembly and storage area. Probablh 2000+ Cannondale, Trek, specialized and other higher-end bikes... About a month ago, they assembled a Bamboo bike for a customer. Something like $8,000 out the door.
I can think of lots of things to do with $8000 that are better... But that's my personal context.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

Joe, Maybe one of these: http://www.calfeedesign.com/bamboo.htm About $3,000 for the frame alone. With hemp fiber seat cluster! Also not wood, sorry. Kerry

Define wood... Are not trees just really tall, overgrown grassy-things? <grin>
Oh... Bike looks similar, but I wouldn't have a clue to be honest.
V8013-R
Wed, Sep 5, 2007, 6:40pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@youthelate.com (JoeAutoDrill) doth sayeth: <snip> I can think of lots of things to do with $8000 that are better... But that's my personal context.
You and me both.