Odd; Festool price display policy at Woodcraft- Baltimore

Page 2 of 4

That sounds like when I tried to patronize a local insurance agent (State Farm). I went in to get a quote and was presented with a full- page list of personal history that they "needed" to have. I said "really?" and then left. It's almost as if some places don't really want your business at all. Strange.
JP
Add pictures here
βœ–
FWIW, When I stopped by my local Woodcraft yesterday to purchase a Rotex 125 they gave me both a general Festool catalog, as well as the latest (2011) Master Price list.
Not sure if the fact that the previous week I bought a Kapex , a CT36 as well as a MFT/3 had anything to do with it.
Next week I'll stop by and get a PSB300 jigsaw (they were on order).
The salesman did tell me that they had a large order coming in this week and that they were going to greatly expand the Festool display area.
"JayPique" wrote in message wrote:

That sounds like when I tried to patronize a local insurance agent (State Farm). I went in to get a quote and was presented with a full- page list of personal history that they "needed" to have. I said "really?" and then left. It's almost as if some places don't really want your business at all. Strange.
JP
Add pictures here
βœ–

This one?
http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/?action=view&current=FestoolFun.mp4
Add pictures here
βœ–
No, that's the PS 300 barrel grip jigsaw, I'm after the PSB 300 D-handle version.
"Robatoy" wrote in message wrote:

This one?
http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/?action=view&current ώstoolFun.mp4
Add pictures here
βœ–

better for me in awkward (upside-down) situations. I do have both. A german made Milwaukee and a Bosch barrel grip. Neither has any serious dust collection.
Add pictures here
βœ–
I thought about going with the barrel grip version, and maybe if they have both when I go back I'll take a look at the barrel version, but for some reason I'm inclined to stay with the D-handle type because that's what I've had for many years..
I'm just a amateur woodworker. I've had a d-handle Bosch for a number of years that I like except for the blade holding mechanism. It's the style that you turn the top handle to change the blade.
"Robatoy" wrote in message wrote:

better for me in awkward (upside-down) situations. I do have both. A german made Milwaukee and a Bosch barrel grip. Neither has any serious dust collection.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Have you used the Festool jig saw? I have no doubt that it is an excellent tool however I was talking to a wood worker that apparently had all the Festool stuff and he was a bit miffed with the jig saw. Apparently it is a bit difficult to see your cut line and the blade. Something to consider.
Add pictures here
βœ–
No I have not actually used one yet. All the reviews I've read rate it quite highly. I don't recall any of the reviewers mentioning anything about having a problem with seeing the cut line nor the blade, but I'll be on the lookout for it now. The biggest complaint I've heard it with regards to the price.
Thanks.
"Leon" wrote in message wrote:

Have you used the Festool jig saw? I have no doubt that it is an excellent tool however I was talking to a wood worker that apparently had all the Festool stuff and he was a bit miffed with the jig saw. Apparently it is a bit difficult to see your cut line and the blade. Something to consider.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Give us a review! ;~)
Add pictures here
βœ–

I can add one thing... there are times when either configuration works a little better, but if I were to have only ONE... it'd be a barrel grip. The barrel will rotate in your hand, 360°, in effect, it adds another axis.
A while ago, I was cutting out a sink hole for a drop-in sink. The back side of the cut was under the windowsill and my top-handle Milwaukee wouldn't go under the sill for me to complete the cut. My Bosch 'just' made it under the sill. Caveat: One must remember that cutting in a direction that puts the side-mounted switch (on the Bosch) between the barrel and the wall makes shutting the saw off impossible.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I can add one thing... there are times when either configuration works a little better, but if I were to have only ONE... it'd be a barrel grip. The barrel will rotate in your hand, 360°, in effect, it adds another axis.
A while ago, I was cutting out a sink hole for a drop-in sink. The back side of the cut was under the windowsill and my top-handle Milwaukee wouldn't go under the sill for me to complete the cut. My Bosch 'just' made it under the sill. Caveat: One must remember that cutting in a direction that puts the side-mounted switch (on the Bosch) between the barrel and the wall makes shutting the saw off impossible.
My preference is the top handle but mostly because when I was kid and was using my dad's barrel grip, the one with a metal exterior, the body got quite hot.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/27/2011 3:04 PM, Leon wrote:

I just walked out of the shop an hour or so ago after using my Bosch top handle and wishing the whole time I'd had the barrel grip.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

KC:
When recently reviewing comments on the Bosch barrel grip, a hot hand after some use was the top complaint.
What quantifies as "some use" and how sensitive some people are to heat are impossible to determine from the reading.
Regards,
Edward Hennessey
Add pictures here
βœ–

Wow I would have thought that would have been solved years ago with the plastic bodies.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I have yet to find it too hot to handle. It gets warm...
Add pictures here
βœ–

Shold'a picked up one of those too. ;~)
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/27/2011 3:54 PM, Leon wrote:

Damn ... I thought Festool was pricey.
Don't let C-less see the price of Makita 1/4" 18v impact drivers these days.
Shheeeeh ... another fifty and I coulda bought another Festool something or other. ;~)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Over the Holidays Lowes had the Bosch 18V Impact driver and 18V drill for $200. I use the 12V more often, but the 18V sure came in handy driving some #10x4" screws.

Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/27/2011 6:39 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

How do you like it?
We (Leon and ME, Stuart) spent most of Saturday driving 1 1/4 Fastcap cabinet screws into side by side cabinets, and #10 3" Spax's into wall blocking and Leon's 12v Makita impact driver came in REAL handy.
Since I left my DeWalt onsite and needed another cordless in the shop today, I rushed out and bought the BDT141, and ordered the LXT drill driver off of Amazon to fill the gaping hole in the case.
(Damn, that boy is hard to keep up with, equipment wise)
Been walking around all afternoon looking for something to screw!
;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Now THAT is a ringing endorsement!
A power tool that changes you into a teenage boy.
Add pictures here
βœ–