O/T: What's Next?

Page 4 of 10  
Doug Miller wrote:

Quite right. I offer my apologies to the group. My position is has already been presented in this group, and I don't feel the need to waste additional bandwidth on this individual. He seems perfectly capable of digging his own hole.
Thanks for your reminder.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Morris Dovey wrote:

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/uc/20080923/lga080924.gif
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Morris Dovey wrote:

You ought to ponder the notion that because something is incoherent to *you* does not make it generally incoherent. You are also being dishonest. There's nothing I've said that's incoherent, you understand it pretty well. You just don't *like* it, don't have a meaningful counterpoint, and have to resort to school yard dirt throwing.
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim Daneliuk snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Au contraire - what I don't like is wasting time.
Your woodworking question is...?
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Morris Dovey wrote:

That's clearly false - you are a regular Wreck participant.

Oh... the things I could say here...
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim Daneliuk snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:44:45 -0500, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

I also find I have no meaningful counterpoint to those who reject evolution and dismiss every bit of evidence supporting it as God's little joke. I'm sure you won't see the parallel to yourself here, but others will.
I'm going to try very hard not to get drawn into replying to your posts in the future. But given prior evidence, you'll undoubtedly post something so outlandish that I can't resist :-).
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Larry Blanchard wrote:

I don't know how. But just to make it clear to you: I do not reject evolution as a mechanism out of hand. I reject the blind worship of science as being the only way we can know truth. I also reject the science worshipers who insist that strong science removes the need for any kind of God. But I don't, as I say, reject evolution. I merely question how well established it really is, given the *religious* fervor of its staunch defenders.

You can't help yourself, I know ...
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim Daneliuk snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Blind? You don't really understand the scientific method, do you?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Maxwell Lol wrote:

I understand it quite well. The *method* is - as best as we can make it - unbiased. But the people who practice it are not unbiased. I spent a number of years in research. If it's not clear to you, then let me be the first to clue you in. There is *lots* of bias in the business of science. What gets published does go through peer review. But what gets funded doesn't come anywhere near to that level of standard. Moreover, a lot of what does get funded never sees the light of day in publication. When scientists wander around declaring the primacy of science and the absence of God, as the radical atheists do regularly, they are not practicing science, they are engaging in theology.
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim Daneliuk snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Tim Daneliuk wrote: [bandwidth snip]

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
"We the people" Tim. In reading your postings, I get the picture of a frightened person who has circled his personal wagon and is waiting for the "we the people" to come and burn it down.
Should the collectivist/socialist democrats win in Nov. where will you go to live?
    sigh,     jo4hn
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Canada??
snort, chuckle, guffaw r
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Well, I have to admit, you are the quintessential bulldog refusing to relinquish your grip for any reason. Your teeth are embedded into the word "free". It's NOT free, it's health insurance paid for by the citizens and collected by employers. Only difference to your private insurance system is that it's a much larger system and it's administered by the government.
And if you bothered to look into it, that minimum wage for health insurance premium exemption is pretty low. (<$20,000) in Ontario, Canada. That leaves a huge lot of people over the $20,000 threshold who do pay for it. The maximum one would pay is $900 a year, even if they're billionaires. So you tell me, who exactly are the indigent stealing from? I don't see any filthy rich being forced into servitude by the thieving poor. If anything, the reverse is true with the filthy rich using whatever method they can find to increase their holdings while the poor get poorer. If it was a static system, I might agree some with your viewpoint, but it's not by a long shot.
Your whole viewpoint is based on the fear that somewhere, somehow your personal worth is going to be snatched away from you by the "collectivists". The sad fact is that if anything is taken from you, it's going to be the rich and powerful who do the taking, not the less affluent of society. All the businesses that are cheated and defrauded and bilked of millions of dollars into bankruptcy in the US, it's always the CEO's and people of power who do the taking. Yet, here you are jumping on the little guy solely because of your misdirected delusion of fear.
Tighten your bulldog teeth as much as you want, but it's wasted effort for the wrong reason.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote in message

First, the Canadian system is not by any means larger than the private insurance system in the US. Approximately 2/3 of US citizens have private health insurance, which works out to about 200 million people. Last I checked, Canada's population is about 33 million.

In 2004, there were 47 million people on Medicaid. If $900/person/year covered the costs, Medicaid would have cost $42 billion. The US spent $295 billion. Scale that up to 305 million people and let me know what the price tag will be.
todd
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

My mistake, I thought the US system was comprised of a bunch of independent insurance companies.

The $900 I stated is the Ontario maximum. For most people, the premiums paid are quite a bit cheaper.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote in message

That may be what you thought, but it isn't what you wrote. But even if you wrote it, you original point would still be wrong. Wellpoint Inc. has approximately 34 million subscribers to its medical plans. 34>33.

Thanks for bolstering my point. Where does the rest of the money come from, then? Because those premiums wouldn't even *begin* to cover the costs in the government-run healthcare we already have here.
todd
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Quite obviously it's subsidized by the government using taxes paid by the people. So what? What exactly is your point?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

people" -- in other words, you're paying for it. That means it's not free.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote in message

That contrary to the original assertion, "The maximum one would pay is $900 a year, even if they're billionaires", is bull. I also see you've conveniently dropped the part about the Canadian system being bigger "a much larger system" than private insurance in the US.
todd
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Really? Read the second paragraph and then tell me it's bull again. http://www.fin.gov.on.ca/english/media/2004/bk-ohp.html
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Proportionally, it is bigger because it's country wide. And, it's not the same as your medicaid which only treats the poor as long as they don't have any assets. Canadian health insurance supplies full medical access to anyone who is a Canadian citizen. Yup, it's not a perfect system by any means, but that's discussion for another time.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.