O/T: Quack_____Quack

Been raining for the last two (2) days here in California.

2.50"-3.50" of rain, depending on location, has fallen here in SoCal the last 24 hours.

Three (3) more days of rain forecast.

As much as 15" of additional rain forecast in the lower mountain elevations, mucho feet of snow in the higher elevations.

As the lyric of that old CW tune goes:

"Throw another log on the fire," "Hustle up another cup of tea."

Hunkered down in SoCal.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Glad it all gets squeezed out over there before it gets here to the AZ desert.

Forecast:

TONIGHT PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS 44 TO 54. WEST WIND 5 TO 10 MPH IN THE EVENING BECOMING SOUTH AFTER MIDNIGHT.

MONDAY PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS 72 TO 77. SOUTH WIND 5 TO 10 MPH.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

------------------------------------ Wait a week, it'll get there.

It's a classic "Pineapple Express".

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

With a name like Winterburn, do you rteally think he needs all that rain ??

Reply to
George W Frost

I heard it as: "Throw another kid from the sleigh, ma, the wolves are gaining!"

Reply to
HeyBub

----------------------------- "Doug W> Glad it all gets squeezed out over there before it gets here to the > AZ desert. >

------------------------------------- So how good was the forecast?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

We got less than .1" here in Casa Grande. We could use much more. Northwest AZ got whacked pretty good.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Doug Winterburn wrote: ...

Nothing in SW KS (promise was only inch, anyway, but any is better than none).

Ditto on the could use; it's dry and getting drier...winter wheat is _barely_ hanging on where it did come up and much wasn't even drilled or was "dusted in" and hasn't had enough moisture since to germinate...

--

Reply to
dpb

Seems it never rains in southern California Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before It never rains in California But girl don't they warn ya It pours, man it pours

Reply to
clare

------------------------------------ Two (2) days turned into a week and 7" of rain outside my window, then it was Christmas eve.

And now it's Christmas night and the rains are back.

Oh well, throw another log on the fire.............

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:4d16ce17$0$19713 $c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Your rainstorm is becoming a nightmarish traveltime for the east coast. Boston & NY are expecting foot and a half amounts of snow ...

I do not envy your mudskides, though ...

Reply to
Han

I like our banana belt weather in Whitehorse. Give me the -25 to -20 Celsius, a centimetre or so of light fluffy snow rather than your deluges of rain or snow. :-)

Luigi

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

GarageWoodworks