O/T: Quack_____Quack

Been raining for the last two (2) days here in California.
2.50"-3.50" of rain, depending on location, has fallen here in SoCal the last 24 hours.
Three (3) more days of rain forecast.
As much as 15" of additional rain forecast in the lower mountain elevations, mucho feet of snow in the higher elevations.
As the lyric of that old CW tune goes:
"Throw another log on the fire," "Hustle up another cup of tea."
Hunkered down in SoCal.
Lew
On 12/19/2010 10:31 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Glad it all gets squeezed out over there before it gets here to the AZ desert.
Forecast:
TONIGHT PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS 44 TO 54. WEST WIND 5 TO 10 MPH IN THE EVENING BECOMING SOUTH AFTER MIDNIGHT.
MONDAY PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS 72 TO 77. SOUTH WIND 5 TO 10 MPH.
"Doug Winterburn" wrote:

------------------------------------ Wait a week, it'll get there.
It's a classic "Pineapple Express".
Lew

With a name like Winterburn, do you rteally think he needs all that rain ??

Lew Hodgett wrote:

----------------------------- "Doug Winterburn" wrote:

------------------------------------- So how good was the forecast?
Lew
On 12/24/2010 07:48 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

We got less than .1" here in Casa Grande. We could use much more. Northwest AZ got whacked pretty good.
Doug Winterburn wrote: ...

Nothing in SW KS (promise was only inch, anyway, but any is better than none).
Ditto on the could use; it's dry and getting drier...winter wheat is _barely_ hanging on where it did come up and much wasn't even drilled or was "dusted in" and hasn't had enough moisture since to germinate...
On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 06:48:08 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

I guess Albert Hammond got it right:
Seems it never rains in southern California Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before It never rains in California But girl don't they warn ya It pours, man it pours

Lew Hodgett wrote:

I heard it as: "Throw another kid from the sleigh, ma, the wolves are gaining!"
I previously wrote:

------------------------------------ Two (2) days turned into a week and 7" of rain outside my window, then it was Christmas eve.
And now it's Christmas night and the rains are back.
Oh well, throw another log on the fire.............
Lew

Your rainstorm is becoming a nightmarish traveltime for the east coast. Boston & NY are expecting foot and a half amounts of snow ...
I do not envy your mudskides, though ...
--
Best regards
Han

I like our banana belt weather in Whitehorse. Give me the -25 to -20 Celsius, a centimetre or so of light fluffy snow rather than your deluges of rain or snow. :-)
Luigi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8HFRM7Z-3M