O/T: OLd Farts

Page 2 of 4

Sir, could we please have ONE white horse as well?
http://fitblog.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/gisele_bundchen_036.jpg
Robatoy said:

Oh, my - YES! You can have the white horse, I'll take the babe...
Greg G.
Greg G. said:

BTW, is it just me, or does that lovely young lady have the largest feet I've ever seen on a nubile waif?
Greg G.
Greg G. wrote:

Feet? What feet?
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /

Q: "What are you DOING?"
A: "I was using the horse to help satisfy my sexual needs, just like the guys in the barracks told me to."
Q: "They didn't tell you that THEY use the horse to ride into town to get girls?"
Tom Watson said:

That's what she said...
Greg G.
Robatoy said:

And actually, Rob, she would make a nice addition to my beloved collection of past regrets:
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoctor/legalimages/Elaine2.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoctor/legalimages/Lindy01.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoctor/legalimages/al01.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoctor/legalimages/TheSetup_PrePhoto.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoctor/legalimages/Sally01.jpg
Yeah, I'm apparently a pig. :-) Damned lawyers... But they are all welcome to come and live on my tropical island.
Greg G.

I always had a thing for the pretty ones too. My opening line in a pub became: "Can I buy you a house?" But 3rd time is a charm and the fact she's 18 years younger keeps me on my toes in all aspects. And yes, I am bragging. <G>
On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 15:05:23 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

You suck!
How about "counterintelligence"?
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /

That's nothing. She also bought me John Prine tickets and a Steve Goodman DVD.
On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 15:11:43 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

"There's a hole in Daddy's arm where all the money goes Robatoy is living large I suppose..."
You suck beyond the red line on the Suck-O-Meter!
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /

I'm ashamed as well.
BTW, if you haven't already, give Fair And Square a listen. It's Prine's most recent work. Some great stuff on that CD.
Robatoy said:

Souvenirs. Playing now.
Greg G.

Ahh yes, a different era, same Prine. He's grown a lot. Especially since that cancer scare. Like Woody Allen (I think) said: Death is nature's way of saying HOWDY! Scared the fuck out of Prine. He's been a clean livin' boy as of late. Maybe a wee nip from the cask during a concert. Now he sings about Old Dogs, Children and Watermelon Wine.... and that is JUST the kind of music I listen to in order to calm my impatience when I'm reading through all these CNC software manuals and shit.
Robatoy said:

I'm not very familiar with his personal drama, I've found it difficult to keep up with actors/musicians/this year's models while confronted with the need to survive, etc. Did so when young, but you know how it goes... Sorry to hear of his problems though. Kinda lost interest in music after losing a huge vinyl collection. Sadly, haven't bought but a couple CDs in decades. Snagged a few odd bits from YouTube - poor fidelity but enough to remind one of past glories. Latest listen after Prine was Tom Waits "God's Away on Business". What a card.
"I'd sell your heart to the junk-man baby For a buck, for a buck! If you're looking for someone To pull you out of that ditch You're out of luck, you're out of luck. The ship is sinking, there's a leak, There's a leak In the boiler room, The poor, the lame, the blind Who are the ones left in charge? Killers, thieves and Lawyers. God's away, God's away, God's away On Business. Business."
I guess it sounds better than it looks on paper...
As for the CNC stuff, if you were a bit closer, I might could help you out. Used to design computer boards when it was impossible to afford to buy this stuff, and the market was slim. One of the attachments for this thing: http://www.thevideodoc.com/pelectr2.htm was a CNC Gerber plot PC board drilling machine. Designed the software and translator as well as the hardware. It is a hand wired IBM PC ISA bus card - obviously a prototype. The constant desire to move around in an attempt to avoid creepy politicos caused me to abandon such projects, and the stuff has since become much more prevalent. Still mess with CAD a bit, along with 3DStudioMax - just for kicks. Could have made a bunch of money early on, but now there are a lot of well funded and organized players to compete with. Ah, well - what did I expect from people who make $1600 a day from the taxpayers till? Honesty? LOL Believe it or not, I used to think circuits were fun.
Greg G.

So did I. Designed many cross overs, some very complex but all analogue. I used to gobble down the transfer functions like they were food. I had some pretty beefy boards made to carry the current and a lot of point to point wiring.
I still prefer a solid stereo set-up over 5 channel any day.
Robatoy said:

You'd love this, then:
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoctor/images/80sHiFi01.jpg
All built by hand back in ~1984. Complete fluke that it survived the great arson of Christmas '88. 280W/ch @8ohms, 500w @4ohms - if you've got the AC wiring, breakers, and driver coils for it. Still sounds better than anything since. Picked up a nice Yamaha rack mount studio amp a while back, but not as clean. The Sony 5.1 120w/ch amp on the BS sounds like it's constipated, as do most, but it has a remote. Guess which is active. Zobel is your friend... What with the WW stuff I've considered building a new set of speakers as these are 30 years old, but as I get older it seems pointless / frivolous - like the WW stuff isn't at this point. Dig a big hole, throw the stuff on top of me, and cover. Maybe some future archeologist will make some sense of it all. Later,
Greg G.
"Greg G." wrote

Dejavu all over again:
http://tinyurl.com/35uwbz
;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07
Swingman said:

Well, heck Swingman. If I have to be original, I'm outta luck. And you well know that when you're senile you repeat yourself. The wayback machine scares even me with this:
http://tinyurl.com/2zsg3x
Usenet before Al's Internet proliferated. Just before the adventure into the insanity known as Florida. Whole bunch of crap still there under various nom de plumes. Much younger, better looking, better eyes, and less the misanthrope. You get a big gold star - at least you were paying attention. Where shall I stick it? ;-)
Greg G.