O/T: Never Thought I'd See It

Page 3 of 3
Lew,
Good for you kicking the habit. I quit when I was 13. 32 years ago!
cm

"cm" wrote:

Thank you.
Actually it was the 2nd time I quit.
1st time quit for 2-3 years then went on a brewery trip and in a weak moment had a cigar.
That was it for another 6-7 years.
No direct experience with drugs other than nicotine, but I'm convinced that nicotine is the most addictive drug on the planet.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Mark Twain said he could quit anytime. He'd done it often.
Twain was quite proud of the fact that the only thing that could overcome his iron will to remain tobacco-free was his determination to overcome his iron will.
Oh, and he didn't smoke when he was asleep.
One of his best lines:
"The differences between a James Fennimore Cooper Indian and the Indian that stands in front of the cigar store are not many."