O/T: Ho Hum

Palin resigns as governor of Alaska.

That woman does OK until she opens her mouth.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Lew Hodgett" wrote

Being guv interfered with her political/celebrity diva/travel schedule. Not enough time for parties and insulting David Letterman, etc.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Yeah, that's when she ruins it for me.

Reply to
Steve Turner

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:ywv3m.2228$9l4.305 @nwrddc01.gnilink.net:

My first reaction was a question: Who is pregnant now?

Reply to
Han

To become a full-time mousse and poller bare hunter?

(shakes head, walks away)

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Morris Dovey wrote in news:4a4ea9e5$0$87065$815e3792 @news.qwest.net:

Maybe she's been "hiking the Appalachian Trail," if you know what I mean.

Reply to
Elrond Hubbard

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Ha! I can see the headlines now, "Palin Pregnant with Michael Jackson's child!" That should get her enough press to get elected to the Senate at the very least.

Reply to
DGDevin

Lets see, Letterman makes a comment about her daughter that, if he had made it about mine I would have had a piece of his hide. She calls him on it. That is insulting him. Tis a strange world we have come to.

Deb

Reply to
Dr. Deb

"Dr. Deb" wrote in news:Jc2dnfNPacbS3dLXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@trueband.net:

David Letterman went too far. OK, I agree he did. But, it couldn't have happened to a better target.

Reply to
Han

The scarey part of that is, that it's rumored that she resigned in order to prepare for a run at the presidency.

Reply to
Bill

Maybe she'll pose for Playboy.

Reply to
Perry Aynum

Man, that's a good one! I can see that line entering the lexicon!

Reply to
Larry W

You'd rather see Pelosi?

Reply to
HeyBub

She must never read the newspaper or watch the news. She has to know that she is a "has been" after the last campaign.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

And Leterman is a comic. They say things like that all the time. Palin is a target because of her extreme views anyway. The thing that galls me is everytime somebody doesn't like a joke, they want to fire somebody or censor the jokes.

It wa a joke. And good or bad, they all can't be good, it is still just a joke. The joke police are incredibly scary. They don't like a joke and all of a sudden, they want bllod. I can laugh at a joke, I can groan at a joke, but I don't think we need or would appreciate the joke police. It is censorship controlled by extremist wackos.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

And any hope she has for the future politically just went out the window with this announcement. This is the consensus of her fellow republicans. I think it is safe to say that almost no one wanted this country bumpkin to have her finger on the nuclear trigger.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I think that Playboy has an age limit that they have to respect.

A more suitable publication would be Guns and Ammo or Field and Stream or even Good Housekeeping - the Cougars edition

Reply to
Matt

"Lee Michaels" wrote in news:4a4f6212$0$25880$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

I know Letterman is a comic of sorts. And I would not censor him or anything. I am just giving my opinion that by attacking the (I believe teenage) daughter of a legit target he went just a bit too far. End of comment. Anything said of Palin within the limits of our US laws is fine with me. As with all politicians. Now how can we get rid of the

120 or so scummy NY State senators?
Reply to
Han

Strongly agree and to add, I'm willing to pet Palin, and the butt end victims of other jokes, will be laughing their asses off when Letterman or the others, joke about someone else in the same fashion. Hypocrisy is a major player within the whiners.

The bottom line is simple, they are mere words. If it's true, it bothers a person. If it's not, why should it.

Reply to
SBH