O/T: Exercise for people over 45

Enjoy

Lew

--------------------------------------------- Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.

With a 5-lb potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can.

Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.

Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.

After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato bags.

Then try 50-lb potato bags and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. (I'm at this level) . . . . . . . . After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each bag.

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Now THAT'S funny Lew! I actually began working out again after 6 years. I have the home gym and have actually lost 21 pounds and several inches. The "guns" are back and at the tender age of 59, I actually intimidate some of the younger guys around the office at the jobsite.

The downfall: You think you can still do what you did in the "younger" years. At church on New Year's Eve, the youth had a party. Of all things, they had a mechanical bull. I rode the heck out of it at the original Gilley's in Texas when I lived there (at the age of

29.) I figured I could still do the same. The big "guns" helped but I finally got thrown after a very loooooong 15 seconds. No problems until I woke up yesterday and it feels like someone took a steel rod from my neck down through my shoulder! LOL! You do the math - what seemed like "yesterday" at Gilley's ..................was 30 years ago!

I remain older and dummer .....

Jums aka Jummy aka Minwax Mac

Jimmy Mac

Tennis is good exercise for the body. Swiveling your head to and fro watching the ball is more than ample.

As for exercising the mind, golf is the game. By concentrating, you can sometimes make golfers miss putts on TV.

Reply to
HeyBub

---------------------------------------------- You do the math - what seemed like "yesterday" at Gilley's ..................was 30 years ago!

I remain older and dummer .....

-------------------------------------------- There was an old bull and a young bull standing on top of the hill looking down on a pasture full of heiffers. Etc, etc.

These days, I walk.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

yeh I seem to remember a country song to the effect! :-]

Reply to
skeez