O/T: Eddie Fisher

Time marches on.
It was announced that Fisher had died tonight.
He was 82.
No other details, yet.
Lew
Add pictures here
✖

As Carrie said: "The best thing Liz Taylor ever did was get Eddie out of the house".
✖
On Sep 24, 11:30 am, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

Carrie also said: [On the cultural significance of her parents] I don't know if they were culturally significant, but they were very popular. My mother (Debbie Reynolds) and my father were America's sweethearts. They literally received that tag. Even my parents sort of went along with the assumption that they were a good couple, but they probably weren't a very good couple. Anyway, my father was best friends with a man named Mike Todd. Mike Todd was married to Elizabeth Taylor. Mike Todd died in a plane crash, and my father consoled Elizabeth Taylor with his penis.
Add pictures here
✖

Who ever that is.
Add pictures here
✖

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query
ídie+fisher&aq=f
Add pictures here
✖
On 9/24/2010 11:37 AM, CW wrote:

Well if we didn't have Eddie Fisher than we wouldn't have had Princess Leia, or at least she wouldn't have been played by Carrie Fisher.
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

Add pictures here
✖
Josepi wrote:

At first, I thought lew meant Bobby Fisher, the chess player, but he passed away January 17, 2008 (according to wikipedia). Gotta keep on yer toes around here...

Add pictures here
✖
"Bill" wrote:

You are dating yourself rookie.
Fisher predates Alan Freed by a few years so Rock-N-Roll was still a wet dream.
Lew
Add pictures here
✖
Lew Hodgett wrote:

"You gotta have heart....". Back then my dad was more into piano jazz. He told me when he came back from his naval service after the Korean war, he didn't get it (what people were listening to). Though I think he admitted that he thought Elvis was a good singer.

Add pictures here
✖
On 9/24/2010 12:37 PM, CW wrote:

Carrie Fisher's dad. Was a popular singer in the '50s with several tracks hitting number 1 on the charts and quite a lot in the top 40.
Add pictures here
✖

And a swordsman of no small repute.
Add pictures here
✖
On 9/24/2010 5:49 PM, Elrond Hubbard wrote:

I did not know that. Thanks.
Add pictures here
✖
y.com:

During a game of musical chairs, Fisher had Milton Berle land on him and there was an immediate feeling of kinship.
Add pictures here
✖