O/T: Eddie Fisher

Time marches on.

It was announced that Fisher had died tonight.

He was 82.

No other details, yet.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

As Carrie said: "The best thing Liz Taylor ever did was get Eddie out of the house".

Scott Lurndal

Who ever that is.

Reply to
CW

KIMOSABE

Well if we didn't have Eddie Fisher than we wouldn't have had Princess Leia, or at least she wouldn't have been played by Carrie Fisher.

Reply to
Steve Turner

Carrie also said: [On the cultural significance of her parents] I don't know if they were culturally significant, but they were very popular. My mother (Debbie Reynolds) and my father were America's sweethearts. They literally received that tag. Even my parents sort of went along with the assumption that they were a good couple, but they probably weren't a very good couple. Anyway, my father was best friends with a man named Mike Todd. Mike Todd was married to Elizabeth Taylor. Mike Todd died in a plane crash, and my father consoled Elizabeth Taylor with his penis.

Reply to
Robatoy

Carrie Fisher's dad. Was a popular singer in the '50s with several tracks hitting number 1 on the charts and quite a lot in the top 40.

Reply to
J. Clarke

"J. Clarke" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news6.newsguy.com:

And a swordsman of no small repute.

Reply to
Elrond Hubbard

I did not know that. Thanks.

Reply to
J. Clarke

During a game of musical chairs, Fisher had Milton Berle land on him and there was an immediate feeling of kinship.

Reply to
Robatoy

Carrie Fischer? I would love to Jabba' her Hutt.

Reply to
Josepi

At first, I thought lew meant Bobby Fisher, the chess player, but he passed away January 17, 2008 (according to wikipedia). Gotta keep on yer toes around here...

Reply to
Bill

---------------------- You are dating yourself rookie.

Fisher predates Alan Freed by a few years so Rock-N-Roll was still a wet dream.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"You gotta have heart....". Back then my dad was more into piano jazz. He told me when he came back from his naval service after the Korean war, he didn't get it (what people were listening to). Though I think he admitted that he thought Elvis was a good singer.

Reply to
Bill