What happened to Mary Fisher ?

In the light of the post about Stefek, does anyone know if Mary Fisher is still with us ? I know she was ill from time to time. I used to enjoy reading her vignettes on brick oven backing, "him", turning the thermostat up to 12 degrees celcius etc. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

What a coincidence. I was thinking the same just before christmas. But I remember her for comments on mortar work, or was it Dry Stane Dyking.... Anyway, I do miss your comments, and hope you are well.

Reply to
Olav M

still with us ? I know she was ill from time to time.

the thermostat up to 12 degrees celcius etc.

Don't know this time - but she has disappeared in the past, only to re-appear later. Maybe she'll come back when she's good and ready.

I know that she has her detractors - who tend to make all kinds of unkind comments when she is mentioned - but I'm one of her 'fans' and certainly hope that she comes back.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Google Groups "oldhenwife" - appears to hang around elsewhere.

Reply to
Part Timer

Ah, I do seem to recall that 'spouse' was unable to make a proper newsreader work after they had a new computer.

Having said that, you *can* access uk.d-i-y via Google Groups - however undesirable most of us would consider that to be!

Reply to
Roger Mills

and Ed Sirett last post to usenet that i can find 2009

-
Reply to
Mark

I think she did pop-in a few months back

Anna Kettle ... web site still apparently updated

Reply to
Andy Burns

She did... I also spoke to another regular here who had spoken to her on the phone relatively recently.

Reply to
John Rumm

Website's still active:

> and Ed Sirett last post to usenet that i can find 2009

Richard Gethin, John Schmitt, Matthew Marks, Max Bone, Tony Bond, ...

Reply to
Andy Wade

And Mr Cheerful over in uk.rec.car.maintenance

Reply to
Newshound

Charles (Joe) Stahelin died in 2007. In 1998 he drove all the way down from Huddersfield to deliver the Triton Workcentre I bought from him back in '98. A real old gent. Obituary

Phil

Reply to
Phil Addison

I gave her a call last year when I needed some advice abut chickens.

Her detractors were mentioned and she laughed and said "I have more skins than an onion"

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Ed Sirett cab be found on facebook, and has a website

Phil Addison

Blimey, dunno if it's a sign I've been here too long, but I recognise all the names.

Google suggests my first post was 2000, and a reply to Ed :-) Sounds plausible although I've been on usenet for longer than that.

Darren - Feeling old

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

I think I was a bit after that on this group - it must be about 9 years ago that I needed help getting the bearings out of the washing machine. Big guy (did weightlifing or bodybuilding) who was (or had been) a washing machine engineer...

Last time I looked, my first Usenet post was 1983.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Lot of folk from uk.food.drink.misc (including Mary) are posting on the cuisine forum:-

Bertie Doe

There's a good chance it still will be :-)

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Feb 1994 for me officially before that undergrads weren't allowed to post to groups outside of the university.

A couple of years before that unofficially (we had ways ;-))

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Blimey, didn't realise some of you have been using Usenet for so long!

Reply to
gremlin_95