O/T: BLOG POST OF THE DAY

Page 4 of 10

Who else is running? The ryomney plan calls for 1.3 million job losses in 2013, and 2.4 in the next year.
--
Best regards
Han

Bullshit.
I beleive you have to go back to Eisenhower to find a Republican president who lowered the deficit during his term. Since then, 3 Democratic presidents have done so, though: Johnson, Carter, & Clinton.

On 8/23/2012 10:07 PM, Larry W wrote:

And here all along I thought it was Congress who set the federal budget.

Your asking for a constitutional form of government - like ENgland, where the power resides in a prime minister who basically serves at the pleasure of the House, with just a powerless titular head - Queen of England or Holland, President of France or Italy.
--
Best regards
Han
On 8/24/2012 12:33 PM, Han wrote:

I'm not asking for anything. I'll put it more bluntly. Whether there is a deficit depends on what the budget is. The President does not set the budget. Congress, originating in the House of Representatives, sets the budget. If you like the budget, thank Congress, not the President. If you don't like the budget, blame Congress, not the President.
On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 04:07:10 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@sdf.lNoOnSePsAtMar.org (Larry W) wrote:

What a liar.
Han wrote:

A good part of it is uncertainty.
Estimates are that business in the US are sitting on over $1 trillion in cash but are reluctant to invest it due to uncertainty.
Uncertainty in imminent tax policies, energy development, health care costs, and more.
Another $1 trillion in corporate assets are reported parked in off-shore accounts due to unfavorable tax regulations. With a modest change in the tax law, these profits could easily be repatriated to the US.

Totally agree. In spades. Previous tax amnesties haven't had too much success, but it should be tried again, maybe with a jobs clause attached? There are legitimate differences in the tax proposals, but Bowles-Simpson seems to me a good (improvable!!) basis.
--
Best regards
Han

Bullshit. Both will kill growth, as we've seen for the last four years.

But I saw this: <<http://campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/22/has-obama-made-the - job-situation-worse/?hp>
It says it is from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, etc.
I agree that while this is indeed growth, it is too tepid.
--
Best regards
Han

Liars figure.

At 15% un(der)employment, you've just won the understatement of the month award! Worse, the number of employed is going down at a pretty steady rate. All thanks to your boy, Obama and his lapdogs in Congress.

Private employment is really going up. One of the reasons that NJ is lagging behind in reducing unemployment is Christies emphasis on austerity. Look at Europe to see whether that works. Certainly not in the short term.
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

But the birth rate is going up faster. It's like bailing the Titanic with a bucket-brigade.

It might be the method used to achieve austerity.
Look what happened in Wisconsin.

Wisconsin is prosperous now they neutralized their governor??
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote: .

Huh? Neutralized?
There was a "recall the governor" election last June. The Republican governor, Scott Walker won with 53% of the vote, slightly higher than his original election results (52.29%).

Don't confuse Han with the facts. He's been sick for weeks and his brain is gone. The only think left is lies.

His majority in the house (or senate, I forget which one) has disappeared. He is still governor, but not with the power he had before. Don't get confused by the facts that count.
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

You complain of my "facts" when, by your own admission, you forget what's what? But, I see where you're going.
You're sorta correct. One of the Republican senators was recalled, giving the Democrats a one-seat majority in the Wisconsin senate.
However the Wisconsin senate is in recess until January, which is after the November elections. We'll have to wait to see whether the governor's legislative backing is, in fact, neutralized. Meanwhile, he is still in charge of the executive branch, and, need I say it, the machinery for the November election.
snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMgmail.com says...

Check the stats.
Oh, and by the way, it's becoming clear that if you're not trolling you're an idiot, either of which makes you a complete waste of time, so <plonk>