O/T: BLOG POST OF THE DAY

There are more people out of work now than there were when he was coronated. Any "new jobs" are spin,just as his moronic "jobs created or saved".

Reply to
krw

On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 20:05:37 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Fine, but consider the current economic climate around the world. There maybe more out of work now. But, you could also hypothesize that if someone else was in power, even more might be out of work. Who is to say differently?

Reply to
Dave

On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 20:38:15 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Well in my own defense, as a Canadian, my interests lie mostly with what is happening north of the border. That's not to say that I'm not concerned with what is happening in the US, since most of what you do has a tremendous impact on Canada. But, there's very little I can do about it.

That's he only defense I can offer. :)

Reply to
Dave

When the US gets the sniffles, the world gets the flu.

Utter nonsense. Obama has had his boot on the economy's neck for the last three years. ...and he's just starting to apply the pressure.

Reply to
krw

Well, that says it all. Butt out.

Reply to
krw

So how do you deal with people whose income is $14,000 per year?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Your claim, that Republicans can be rascally in their financial dealings, is certainly true.

There was an instance back in 1922 called the "Teapot Dome Scandal" during the administration of Warren G. Harding which we Republicans like to forget.

Reply to
HeyBub

A good part of it is uncertainty.

Estimates are that business in the US are sitting on over $1 trillion in cash but are reluctant to invest it due to uncertainty.

Uncertainty in imminent tax policies, energy development, health care costs, and more.

Another $1 trillion in corporate assets are reported parked in off-shore accounts due to unfavorable tax regulations. With a modest change in the tax law, these profits could easily be repatriated to the US.

Reply to
HeyBub

Tepid? TEPID?

Job growth hasn't kept up with population increase in a very long time.

Reply to
HeyBub

I haven't worked out all the details, but as I've said before such an individual could contribute a kidney. I call that my "Federal Withdrawal Plan."

Reply to
HeyBub

Clearly you've not seen the new administration employment model:

Tim Daneliuk

Are you alleging criminal activity in their financial dealings?

Reply to
krw

Yes, the problem is uncertainty. Until Obama is gone, business will just sit on its hands (rather than being strangled with taxes and regulations). Without Obama's anti-business (and anti-consumer) policies, the economy would have taken off, all by itself, by now.

It's not just NY. Government is forcing jobs off-shore, too. ...but everyone knows that (Democrats won't admit it, though).

Yes, but isn't it time to try to slow it down?

Reply to
krw

Your rhetoric would be more compelling were you to support it with some actual facts. Name specific regulations. Name specific policies. Show how they are attributed to President Obama, not prior administrations or the congress (who, after all, passed _all_ the regulations that get codified as law). Show how the policies hurt or benefit consumers, the public and/or business. Noting that legislation, such as the clean-air act, may cost business more $$, but improve the life of the public; show that the harm to the business outweighs the benefit to the consumer or citizen.

But, you won't. You'll just ditto conservative commentators and resort to offensive name calling behavior, as is your wont.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Tim Daneliuk wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ozzie.tundraware.com:

Who else is running? The ryomney plan calls for 1.3 million job losses in

2013, and 2.4 in the next year.
Reply to
Han

"HeyBub" wrote in news:SI2dnQsT-sxjtqvNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Totally agree. In spades. Previous tax amnesties haven't had too much success, but it should be tried again, maybe with a jobs clause attached? There are legitimate differences in the tax proposals, but Bowles-Simpson seems to me a good (improvable!!) basis.

Reply to
Han

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Private employment is really going up. One of the reasons that NJ is lagging behind in reducing unemployment is Christies emphasis on austerity. Look at Europe to see whether that works. Certainly not in the short term.

Reply to
Han

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

We'll find out in a year or two. Either way.

Good news! My personal economics will not be affected, I think and hope, since I am retired. In all this bad economy, my pension funds have done OK. After having had a 30% hit they seem to have recovered for the most part. So my contribution to the (spending in) the current economy is "safe". I can't go on an Alaska cruise every year, because I have to keep a reserve for the kids and grandkids.

I do feel anxious for others, though. The projections under either candidate aren't great, worse, much worse, for the common man under a Ryomney plan, but chances are it won't come to that. We'll see what Isaac does .

Reply to
Han

Tim Daneliuk wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ozzie.tundraware.com:

That's discrimination!!!!

Thanks for a breeze of levity ..

Reply to
Han

"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:b8ac5$50363a24$4b75eb81$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET:

I have no regrets having left Floral Park, Nassau county. In some 13 1/2 years, my property taxes doubled here in NJ, but there is a 15% jump due to remodeling in it. My granddaughters are doing well in public school. Eldest will start looking at colleges next spring ...

Reply to
Han