O/T: BLOG POST OF THE DAY

Listen to the Cronkite set on the Constitution from Knowledge Products. Then listen to the set on the Federalist Papers. At that point, you'll understand the Constitution better than 90% of lawyers, 99% of the general population, and 99.999999999999999% of politicians....

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

court-packing expansion of the Commerce Clause for that.

That's part of it, but the Right has been just as guilty of these kinds of excesses. It has been the Right that has insisted we stick our nose into the business of other nations even though we have no national interest at stake. It is the Right that has decided to be everyone's Daddy and tell them what they can drink/smoke/snort and in what manner they may have sex and whether their romantic arrangements will be recognized by law. The fact is that neither side wants freedom, it wants the power to push and shove and tell everyone else what to do. Sadly, the people would rather be coddled by imaginary government goodness than be free citizens...

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

I see, so you're a fan of the Dead Kennedy's tune, "Kill The Poor". How very uncivil of you.

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

Check the stats.

Oh, and by the way, it's becoming clear that if you're not trolling you're an idiot, either of which makes you a complete waste of time, so

Reply to
J. Clarke

Han, you're getting more stupid by the day.

Reply to
krw

You really expect results overnight? Han, you're smarter than that (Lurndal isn't but you are).

Reply to
krw

I left Vermont (lousy schools at ridiculous costs) for Alabama, bought 2x the house and pay 1/4 the taxes. The kid is long gone out of the house but the schools in Vermont didn't do him any favors.

Reply to
krw

It really helped the Democratic caused fiscal crisis in NY to chase them away, huh. Lurndal, you're an idiot.

Reply to
krw

You can try here, too:

krw

Except that you didn't change the subject. You simply added GWB's name to the criminal activity.

Reply to
krw

Bullshit.

Reply to
krw

What drugs are you on for the Whooping Cough?

Reply to
krw

Right. Obama reelected and 1930 will look good. Romney, and we'll be back to

6-8% growth in two years.

You really are an idiot if you think your pensions aren't affected by the economy.

Reply to
krw

"J. Clarke" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hamster.jcbsbsdomain.local:

Umm, actually the number of people entering employable age is pretty staggering, and that's exactly why unemployment is still so high. Job creation really should be twice as much AT LEAST as it is. Luckily we're not really losing jobs anymore ...

Reply to
Han

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That's an aside, I hope. When they finally made the symptomatic diagnosis, confirmed by an antibody test later, I got cipro for a week. My wife later got a azithromycin for 5 days. Her doctor was afraid she was about to get it. Children and grandchildren too were/are treated prophylactically. Now I am on heavy-duty expectorant/cough suppressant (400 mg guanefesin/20 mg dextromethorphan every 4 hrs. Shouldn't affect my thinking too much .... Still coughing too much. Thanks for the commiseration. Do get your booster shot (Tdap or something like that). Immunity lapses after 10 years, and you need a booster again. No fun coughing for 3 months.

Reply to
Han

Tim Daneliuk wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com:

Sorry. Just drawing attention to the possibility that looking out for oneself sometimes goes to enriching (or something like that) oneself to the detriment of others. If you say that isn't possible, or at least not done, I applaud the self improvement of the people you are talking about. I am leftist, to an extent, but I wouldn't force anyone to do something they feel they shouldn't. That excludes people who don't want to pay into insurance funds because a tiny fraction of the benefits would go to something they don't subscribe to.

Reply to
Han

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That statement doesn't asnwer the question, Keith. But if you have another basis for starting a discussion on what should or should not be done please let me know. I'll start working on a list too.

Reply to
Han

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I am amazed. Obama is to blame for the economy's lackluster recovery after 3 years, but Christie gets a free pass?

Reply to
Han

I was stuck with my NYC job, so I moved to the same distance away, but west, rather than east. Only real reason was that my daughter and her family moved here, and we were sick of 3 hr trips for the 25 miles across NYC. It is much more pleasant here. Floral Park schools did fine by our kids. My daughter was valedictorian, and she and 3 of her (female) friends were accepted at all kinds of Ivy league colleges, from a class of ~200 I think. Schools here are fine too, for my son-in-law, and their daughters.