O/T: AstraWeb Users

What is the news reader of choice for those of you who use AstraWeb?
Lew

Lew,
I use XNews available from http://xnews.newsguy.com /
It's free and works on all kinds of posts including yenc. You will like Astraweb also. I have been on them since July when ATT dumped my access.
Hope this helps, Steve

Steve, you said everything I was going to say (except the yenc part). So rather than a "Me too", I'll just swap out the related facts. Hope you don't mind. ;-) --Puckdropper
Lew,
I use XNews available from http://xnews.newsguy.com /
It's free and works on all kinds of posts including yenc. You will like Astraweb also. I have been on them since February 2007 when Wildblue dumped my access.
Hope this helps, Puckdropper
Lew,
I also had to find another newsgroup provider due to AT&T's dropping of the service. All that I did was to set up my new Astraweb account in Outlook Express replacing the AT&T account. I also set up Thunderbird for newsgroup access on another PC.
So far, I am very pleased with the service. There's only one puzzling thing that I haven't been able to find an explanation for yet. On occasion, while viewing a newsgroup, I will hear a pinging sound. Sometimes it's only for a few times and at other times it gets so annoying that I simply turn off the sound. This happens with both Outlook Express and Thunderbird, so it must be something either related to the service or how I'm using it. (Perhaps someone replying to your post may have an idea as to what that's all about.)
Peter.

RE: Subject
Many thanks to everybody who responded.
We are up an running with OE6.
Lew

A simple me too. Xnews has been it for me since Netscape messed up around version 6 (???).
--
Best regards
Han