Now that's a workbench

Saw a link from LumberJocks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqW6GsN9Qs4

Pretty cool site workbench.

That Walko bench is nice. Looks high priced. I notice that they are using Festools in the video. A high priced bench to go with the high priced tools. It makes sense.
I love the engineering and design. It does seem a little much for the home workshop guy. Perhaps a contractor. But one of these benches tricked out with some accessories could easily cost $1500. I can't see a lot of folks going for that. You could buy some tools with that money and be ahead.

I agree. It's not for me. Just thought it was cool.
And you called the price pretty well. The larger base frame is $899. Once you trick it out with accessories you'll in that $1500 range pretty quick.

I agree. It's not for me. Just thought it was cool.
And you called the price pretty well. The larger base frame is $899. Once you trick it out with accessories you'll in that $1500 range pretty quick. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This seems like the kind of product that somebody could make a lower cost knockoff of it and do well.
Or even a wood version of it. Are you reading this Morris? <hint, hint> Perhaps a solar powered contracter's workbench. ;-)
Lee Michaels wrote:

I've been paying attention. :)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Those Dutch, eh? Wood is in their blood.
Lee Michaels wrote:

Looks like too many lose-able parts for me. And after all that folding and flipping I would forget what I was trying to make.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA