Norm gone from HGTV?

Page 3 of 3
You are missing the benefit to you of us Normites. If a 7 level C141-B mechanic like me can can watch Norm and say, "I could do that if I had those tools..", it lowers the price of tools for the 'real' WWs. What difference does it make if mine sit in the garage for years and the insulation on the cord rots away, it lowered the price for everyone.
And one day,... maybe I will learn how to use a hand plane or mix finish. Until then I can make things that make me and SWMBO happy and are better than anything I can buy.
--

Too much is not enough!
rvojtash NOT THIS at comcast (dot) net

To be honest with you, I have never looked at it that way. A very interesting perspective. Thanks for that.
00
Rob

Geez, that's been my standard defense-of-Norm position for years. I even address it on my Norm's Tools page. Without the Starlifter reference, of course.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
Bullshit. The reason people are driven to top posting is because of the bottom posters who lazily leave in the entire post they're replying to, rather than the points they're addressing.

Bullshit. The reason people are driven to top posting is because of the bottom posters who lazily leave in the entire post they're replying to, rather than the points they're addressing.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

And what do you call your reply, where you lazily left the entire message and posted both top and bottom? You practicing for politics or something?
There is a certain element who just don't get it. My suggestion to you is to climb the highest mountain, shout at the top of your lungs "I just don't get it!" You will never experience a higher approval and agreement rating.

I>> Bullshit. The reason people are driven to top posting is because

p>> the bottom posters who lazily leave in the entire post they're r>> replying to, rather than the points they're addressing.e> f>And what do you call your reply, where you lazily left the entire e>message r >and posted both top and bottom? You practicing for politics or

i d e p o s t i n g .
- -
DL
http://www.geocities.com/dicklong14_ca/fanclub.htm
"Hopefully with the demon-spawn Whitsitt out of the picture our scouts and coaches will be able to do their jobs."
::::::::::::::::
Halter Sucks!
On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:20:44 -0700, LRod wrote
8^)

Very true.

Personally, I prefer top posting because you don't have to scroll all the way to the bottom of what someone forgot to snip to read their one-line comment. And I REALLY prefer it over middle-posting, where you have to figure out what one-line comment they've inserted somewhere in the original 3 page rant. And as far as snipping goes, I'd prefer that people don't snip because it means I don't have to go looking at the previous postings to figure out what they hell they're talking about. But I've been on high-speed internet since about 1997, so I'm pretty spoiled, I guess.
Clint

And BTW, I wouldn't tell someone else that there is just one way to post in a newsgroup (not that I'm saying you're doing that). To each their own, and all that rot. What I really dislike (even more than middle-posters) is the people who insist that their way is the right way, and everything else is reportable to your ISP.
Clint

Give it time, they will. You should still trim, though.

Every year our PBS station runs the new season of Norm for six or seven episodes in Jan and Feb. Then, March is their fundraising month (why do they need an entire month for fundraising - TWICE a year??) so Norm is not on. Then in April, they pick up Norm again, but it is reruns. For the last two years, I have emailed our PBS station and informed them that they need to finish out the seasion. I always get a very helpful person who fixes the line up. And it's only after they fix the lineup that I send a donation - to the helpful person so she knows...