Norm gone from HGTV?

Page 2 of 3

Not in your lifetime. People with sequentially logical minds and who know how to clip text still outnumber you.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Makes sense to me.
Barry (FWIW, Thunderbird and Agent default to bottom posting)
Can it be fixed?

Yeahhh...what Ed said....*nods*

Top-posting screws up the flow of the conversation, and (ahem) encourages people to lazily leave in the entire post they're replying to, rather than the points they're addressing.
Yeah, but what's that got to do with Norm not being on HGTV? Oh, wait a minute. You won't be able to follow the flow of the conversation, what with this being a top post. I'll repeat it below for the idiot dweebs who rant on about matters other than the original post.
wrote:

Yeah, but what's that got to do with Norm not being on HGTV?

And that begs the question: WHO-the-heck gives a tinkers darn what the f*uck(sorry, slipped) happened/happens to Norm.
I realize that I am taking one helluva chance with my life here, forced onto an ice-floe, set ablaze after being drenched in whale oil, cursed and forced to listen to Celine Dijon [sic] whilst surrounded by halographic images of a naked Michael Jackson... the horror...the horror...but I think Norm is just another shill for the corporate side. Good for him and I admire his success so don't get me wrong. I admire the guy for that reason. But I find his shows less than inspiring. It teaches very few techniques that aren't solved by a CNC laser guided framulator. IOW.... he does nothing to inspire me. Nothing. I don't watch a whole lot of TV, other than F-1, but Marks, in that genre, at least forces me to think.
I recall early HGTV (at least here in Kanuckistan) where a couple was showing people how to make their own kitchen: "..and now, we use the Blum hinge inserting machine to complete the door..." I mean..WTF???
I'd rather watch a rerun of Lewis and Lambchop and let my imagination stick Lambchop into Norm's Timesaver. I know... you have all had that thought....I'm just the only one here honest enough to admit it.
00
Rob
Robatoy:
Perhaps we could put together a show on "Cabinetry and Furniture for Igloos and yurts" - that would probably be of more interest to Kanuckistani....
Gotta agree with you on the "hinge inserting machine". Norm's show isn't that bad -- but I do get a belly laugh when I see all the tools. What is the relevance - eh? So what if I learn how to use $101,367.51 worth of tools (in USD no less) to make a $108 cabinet?
Just once I'd like to see him work with a rusty hand saw and a mis-aligned planer -- so the experience is more "true to life" if you get my drift -- eh?
Not to mention working with bent and twisted 2X4's since all the good ones go south - eh what?
but I digress...
Time to go kill a caribou for lunch...
Robatoy wrote:

Unless it gets discombobulated -- and you need to replace the Mark II Cray internal computer...
IOW.... he does nothing to inspire me. Nothing.

ROTFLMAO
Always did like lambchop. :-) Can she fly a handsaw?

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

Cookin' Da Boo, eh? How are you preppin' it? Are you cooking it whole or are you wimping out and cleaning it first?
Send me the skin. I need a coat.

Like? Or more than just 'like'? You can tell us Will.. we've all have a little something for Lambchop.

No, but I hear she has a 'way' with K-Bodies and Cabinet Masters.
00
Rob

Now we're talking!
One master craftsman who has his own show but hasn't been mentioned yet is, of course, Red Green. Multi faceted, cross-medium builder, designer, raconteur and a gentleman. No wasteful money squandering in his workshop.
A man who truly knows how to blend different materials and end up with a whole new interpretation of 'form follows function'.
A contender for The Order Of Canada...to say the least!
Keep your stick on the ice...pointy or not.
00
Rob
Robatoy wrote:

Well maybe not. But I do him homage in my shop pictures.
See the bandsaw... http://woodwork.pmccl.com/Business/infobusiness/shop/shop.html

I work hard to emulate his thoughtful approach. "If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." -- right?

Indeed -- especially when they make throwing devices -- then something follows something -- that's for sure.

I agree - suggest it to the PM. It will give him something useful to do while he fritters away time planning the menu in his "fiscal cafeteria".
He can get Her Excellency Mdm. A. Clarkson working on the ceremony. She needs some budget expansion...

And your elbows at your side.

It must be all the pollution from Detroit causing this. LOL
--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

Hmm. I think your bandsaw to duct tape ratio's a bit off there.
Nice website, btw ....
JT (a real big Red Green fan; he seems to have disappeared from the local PBS .. :-( ....
John Thomas wrote:

Well gee, How much should I add? LOL
I'll get right on it.

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

I'm an hour north of Detroit.. up wind and up river..
Crazy place, dude!
Is Mr. Green still on PBS? I haven't seen it in years.
BTW I am now top-posting. I like it!, especially since that is the default for OE.
--

Too much is not enough!
rvojtash NOT THIS at comcast (dot) net
Ray V wrote:

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

I always dreamt of getting a hand^H^H^H^Hmouthjob from Lambchop whilst I quietly diddled Sherry.
-- Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud. ---- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
Larry Jaques wrote:

Are you a dirty ol man os sumpthin??!!! :-o
We were trying to keep it clean here -- mostly.

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

Uh, yeah. Isn't everyone? ;)

Oh, I always clean up afterwards. <domg>

You sick sunnuvabitch! . . . you're okay by me..<G>